Count Dracula, rick baker (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2010
again vey nice work. i saw it in zbcentral and loved it .
keep you nice skills up ^^
greetings rick

02 February 2010
Originally Posted by monstermaker:
I don't really understand this computer stuff ,but I like playing with it.

Hehe! I think a redefinition of the term 'newb' is in order. Run for the hills,the rest of us are f***ed

Excellent piece Rick. I first saw it full page in 3D World in a Modo advert. Luxology certainly didn't waste any time getting their foot in the door on this one. And who could blame them? It sounds like Modo and ZB work well together through GoZ. A 'making of' on this one would certainly be well recieved.

02 February 2010
Originally Posted by monstermaker: Just call me Rick.

Hehe, you got it Rick.

I'm really excited GoZ is working so well for you, it's one of the features of ZBrush I can't wait for. (not on PC yet) If you really don't get computers as much as you say then all the better. Means it must cut out all of the overhead and be as 1-click as it promises.

Fantastic work.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

02 February 2010
Love the skin treatment.

02 February 2010
very good work !

02 February 2010
Thanks everyone for the kind words about this piece and my career in general.
I really appreciate them.
It makes me very proud to hear that I have inspired some people.
I feel so fortunate that I could make a living out of something that I truly love doing. Something that was my hobby. How cool is that?
Now doing these digital pieces is my hobby.
Working in a digital medium has proven to be a valuable design tool in my make-up work,and is something that I really have fun doing. Fun when it works that is.
If I wasn't such an old fart I would take some classes and really learn how to use these tools properly but ,having said that I do get a certain satisfaction when I figure it out by trial and error. After all that is how I learned to do my make-up work.
Speaking of my make-up work ,the Wolfman opens up soon .There are a couple of OK make- ups and some really nice digital work done by some real professionals ,that I think you will enjoy. Anyways,
Thanks again,

Rick

02 February 2010
That is pretty damn cool that you use 3d work as a design tool for makeup... 3d is useful in so many ways. I'm designing my dream house in 3d so I'll know exactly how I want it to be when I'm filthy rich.

@B_IN_3D

02 February 2010
This is amazing!I am speechless!

02 February 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread