Old 04-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
MKabesh
Frequenter
portfolio
Mariam Kabesh
cebas Visual Technology Inc.
Victoria, Canada

3ds Max 2014 cebas Arrivals and More!

Double the FUN! thinkingParticles 5 has a NEW Service Pack and is NOW compatible with 3ds Max 2014 and 3ds Max Design 2014

cebas Visual Technology Inc. is glad to announce the release of an All-New Service Pack for thinkingParticles 5 and the availability of the plugin for 3ds Max 2014 and 3ds Max Design 2014. The build will also be compatible with 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design previous releases: 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.

More Great News! Some of cebasí Power-tools are NOW Available for 3ds Max 2014 and 3ds Max Design 2014

In addition to thinkingParticles 5 SP3, we have also released volumeBreaker, scalpelMax and StairMax for 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design 2014.

Check out the full news release and how to get the latest updates HERE

You can follow us on:
Facebook
Google+
TheCore
YouTube

Old 04-26-2013, 07:02 AM   #2
michibe
Count Poly
portfolio
Michael Betke
Artist
Pure3D Visualisierungen
Bielefeld, Germany

Nothing against the news itself but I wonder why the Admins don't do a thing if large companies like the Cebas guys or Vray devs post their press-releases in this news section.

On the other hand if I publish a new model pack in my personal online-shop I hav to publish it in press released and get warned if I do not?

I would wish a bit more support smaller individuals or at least same rules for all. Over three years it was okay to post all kind of news here but since a few months threads get sometimes moved over sometimes not.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #3
CHRiTTeR
On the run!

Chris
Graphic designer extraordinaire
Belgium

Yes, they are lowering the quality of their forum by allowing this. Its quite annoying for the ppl who are on here too.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
visualride
PRO

david mr.
Senior VFX/Animator
San Ramon, US

As a 3D creator who has been frequenting this site for the past ten years or so to get the latest on update news for all the software that I use, I much appreciate these software announcements. What constitutes news, and what ultimately is most useful? Advertisements for tutorial videos, ads for services and asset bundles (such as models) rank lower for everyday usefulness than new software announcements for the following reason:
The tutorials and assets are usually based on a particular software, and especially on the newest features of the software. We need to know what those latest features are before we can decide what to learn or buy for that software.

With that said, the smaller point releases are often less useful, but that should be up to the moderator to sort to a non-'Top-News' forum.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
CHRiTTeR
On the run!

Chris
Graphic designer extraordinaire
Belgium

Yes, but 'some users' are clearly spamming the forum with the smallest changes... creating a new thread every time...

Old 04-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #6
MKabesh
Frequenter
portfolio
Mariam Kabesh
Victoria, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by michibe
Nothing against the news itself but I wonder why the Admins don't do a thing if large companies like the Cebas guys or Vray devs post their press-releases in this news section.

On the other hand if I publish a new model pack in my personal online-shop I hav to publish it in press released and get warned if I do not?

I would wish a bit more support smaller individuals or at least same rules for all. Over three years it was okay to post all kind of news here but since a few months threads get sometimes moved over sometimes not.

Hi there!

Thanks for the post. Actually, as far as we are concerned - we try our best to follow all guidelines associated with the forum. We read the moderator's post on using the "News" thread and acted accordingly.

The guidelines indicate that "This forum is for news, and by news, I mean news about events that are of interest to large portions of our field, if not the the whole. Major software releases,..." - 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design 2014 compatible plugins as well as a new service pack for one of our main tools is considered major to us and hopefully our users too

Again, thanks for the note!

Regards,
cebas Team

Old 04-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
cubiclegangster
Expert
portfolio
Neil Griffiths
Miami, United%2BStates

Send a message via MSN to cubiclegangster
A max 2014 version of a widely used commercial production plugin is not major, it's expected. It would be news is if you didn't release a 2014 version.

Not to cheapen the amount of work that was done on it for this release, but you must see the point? Your plugin is $2,000, updates as standard are part of why people are willing to pay that.

Last edited by cubiclegangster : 04-26-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:51 PM   #8
MKabesh
Frequenter
portfolio
Mariam Kabesh
Victoria, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiclegangster
A max 2014 version of a widely used commercial production plugin is not major, it's expected. It would be news is if you didn't release a 2014 version.

Not to cheapen the amount of work that was done on it for this release, but you must see the point? Your plugin is $2,000, updates as standard are part of why people are willing to pay that.

Expected, absolutely. Major? Still yes

Cheers!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #9
cubiclegangster
Expert
portfolio
Neil Griffiths
Miami, United%2BStates

Send a message via MSN to cubiclegangster
Major to me (and I assume pretty much everyone else) means new features.

Surely everyone who already owns this got an automated email telling them 2014 was ready? Why do you need to tell people who don't own it?

Last edited by cubiclegangster : 04-26-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #10
Charkins
Digital Handyman

portfolio
Christopher Harkins
Lead CG Artist
Kitestring
Louisville, USA

I didn't get an email and this is important to me, so I appreciate seeing it here. This isn't a big deal.

Question: I'm updated in my product manager (5.3) - how do I install to 2014? Only the 2013 product is available. I'm not seeing the 'installation option'.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
MKabesh
Frequenter
portfolio
Mariam Kabesh
Victoria, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charkins
I didn't get an email and this is important to me, so I appreciate seeing it here. This isn't a big deal.

Question: I'm updated in my product manager (5.3) - how do I install to 2014? Only the 2013 product is available. I'm not seeing the 'installation option'.

Did you try clicking the "update" button? All updates should appear once you do

Also, can you please direct your questions to our forum? Go to http://www.cebas.com/forum/ and log in

Thanks,
cebas Team

Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #12
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread