Nemetschek Explored Sale of C4D in August

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

5 Days Ago
Well, just ask yourself, do you still want Flash alive? Honestly almost all the Flash sites I've seen around in the latest years were just crap made a decade ago,I think this more than anything contribute to the dead of Flash. Anyway, even if some companies accelerate a slow agony, when somebody helps old/unsecure standards to fade then we should be happy, otherwise we will still have computers with floppy diskdrive.
Sorry for the OT

4 Days Ago
Flash needs to die. It is a PITA to maintain a current version because they're constantly finding security holes in it, it's inferior to HTML5 + modern video formats, and it's already part-way out the door. We need laggard webmasters of major sites like ESPN and a few others to stop using it and we can all move forward. Adobe has committed to this more or less already but because some large-scale web sites keep using it, I think Adobe feels compelled to continue updating the plugin every 8 days. Better for everyone if they just cut bait. As soon as they say "we're not updating the Flash plugin any longer," sites will be forced to stop using it due to the legal risk involved with using an unsupported technology that has weak security.

That said we should probably close this thread. It's going nowhere on the Sale of C4D front (because no one has any real info) and Flash certainly isn't on-topic for this forum, so... kill it with fire?

Last edited by Blinny : 4 Days Ago at 04:37 AM.

4 Days Ago
Originally Posted by Blinny: That said we should probably close this thread. It's going nowhere on the Sale of C4D front (because no one has any real info) and Flash certainly isn't on-topic for this forum, so... kill it with fire?

I'm good with that. Glad to know its just rumor.

reply share thread