R19 polygon reduction tool is not functional ?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  2 Weeks Ago
R19 polygon reduction tool is not functional ?

R19 polygon reduction tool has changed place in menu to green tools and it does not reduce anything
when placed under polygonal object.

Letīs say I have 2 million polygon object as laser scanned data and I want to reduce
polygons to 100 000. Then polygon reduction tool is a must have.

In r18 it is still working and I have to convert object first in there and save it
as lower polygon to use it in R19.
__________________
Founder and admin of GC4DUG
Global Cinema 4D Users Group

Last edited by ahven : 2 Weeks Ago at 09:49 AM.
 
  2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by ahven: R19 polygon reduction tool has changed place in menu to green tools and it does not reduce anything
when placed under polygonal object.

Letīs say I have 2 million polygon object as laser scanned data and I want to reduce
polygons to 100 000. Then polygon reduction tool is a must have.

In r18 it is still working and I have to convert object first in there and save it
as lower polygon to use it in R19.

with R19 we decided to reclasify the poly reduction to a generator instead of deformer, which is why its changed it place over to sit with the other generators. having the poly reduction as a generator was always a bit of an anomaly so we decided to correct that with the updated version.
of course now that it is a generator your poly object becomes the child and not the other way around like with the deformers.
hope that helps
 
  2 Weeks Ago
oops, double post
 
  2 Weeks Ago
I e-mailed to support and I got this link.
https://help.maxon.net/us/#OPOLYREDUXGEN
__________________
Founder and admin of GC4DUG
Global Cinema 4D Users Group

Last edited by ahven : 2 Weeks Ago at 09:50 AM.
 
  2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by theglenster: with R19 we decided to reclasify the poly reduction to a generator instead of deformer, which is why its changed it place over to sit with the other generators. having the poly reduction as a generator was always a bit of an anomaly so we decided to correct that with the updated version.
of course now that it is a generator your poly object becomes the child and not the other way around like with the deformers.
hope that helps
Yes it helps indeed. Thanks
__________________
Founder and admin of GC4DUG
Global Cinema 4D Users Group
 
  2 Weeks Ago
What Glen explained also is the reason why it is now in a different group. The "green tools" are generators that generate something based on an input (child), like the subdivision surface, voronoi fracture or polygon reduction. The purple ones are deformers. They don't generate new objects but modify existing ones. There are a few exceptions, e.g. bevel or explosion deformers, but in general that's the rule. 
 
  1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by Havealot: What Glen explained also is the reason why it is now in a different group. The "green tools" are generators that generate something based on an input (child), like the subdivision surface, voronoi fracture or polygon reduction. The purple ones are deformers. They don't generate new objects but modify existing ones. There are a few exceptions, e.g. bevel or explosion deformers, but in general that's the rule. 
Yes I can see that and got it working now. 
It was bit frustrating for old user to find from different menu but
I guess r19 tool is little bit faster than old reduction tool. Not too many
options too.
__________________
Founder and admin of GC4DUG
Global Cinema 4D Users Group
 
reply share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright Đ2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.