B-Movie Entry: Amir Jahanlou

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2010
B-Movie Entry: Amir Jahanlou

Amir Jahanlou is entered in the "B-Movie" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Finished Video: GRAY WOLF II: THE REDEMPTION
Comments, quotes or opinions by this user do not reflect the official position of SAE Dubai.

01 January 2010
Smile Introduction

Hello everyone

It's great to be here again. We are entering as a team and targeting a full CG product this time! Concepts and story are currently in process, we will start posting them real soon.
Best of luck to everyone!

Here is the story, final version

• Establishing: Exterior night shot, under moon light. Wide static shot of an abandoned cathedral in the middle of a jungle, in front of it, there is a grave yard, and a few trucks have already pulled in the scene with their front lights towards the cathedral. One man and his dog are in forefront approaching the door of the cathedral. In the foreground there is a gate of the grave yard, a note engraved on top of it directs not to enter because of the monster in the cathedral.
  • Eyes: Interior, inside the cathedral, looking out of the window there is the silhouette of the beast in the foreground, man and his dog are approaching, and his gun is pointing down. Camera defocuses on the glass itself (stained) we see the eyes of the beast, he then moves out of the camera.
  • Approach: Exterior, low angle camera sees manís legs and his dog reaching the gate, he pushes the door by his gun.
  • Crash! Extreme low angle, camera sees the dog, the man and the beast that crashes through a window. Shot goes into slow motion as he passes by the moon and land on the floor, camera follows him during this.
  • Run: Same angle of the last cameraís ending, with the beast in the same pose where he landed, he starts running, cars pass on top the camera, the hot pursuit starts
  • Track: Camera pans between trees as the beast is running, shot ends as the beast and the truck are on the two far ends of the shot, their distance is almost 3 trucks, Carís front lights are on the floor.
  • Reveal: Front camera looking down their chase, it tilts down between a truck on the floor we see the beast running and the cars chasing him. Trucks are closer to him now.
  • Steering, ĺ camera sees the truck steering away to avoid hitting the trunk.
  • Gun: Beast clears the felled tree, low angle camera, one of his feet lands next to camera and passes by, on his back a gunshot lights the whole jungle for a second and we see the silhouette of the dogs.
  • Jump: ĺ view of a cliff that divides jungle into two sides, the beast jump over it and makes it to the other side, tree breaks and falls, the dogs jump as well, one makes it and the other fails.
  • Hero: Back view of the man, looking at the other side of the jungle, the howling sound of a dying dog is heard. He is holding something in his hand and looking at it.
  • Hand: Close up of the manís hand holding a silver bullet.
  • Reaction: Mid view of the man, he fists his hand; his look is wise and calm.
Comments, quotes or opinions by this user do not reflect the official position of SAE Dubai.

Last edited by saeDubai : 01 January 2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: add-up

01 January 2010
In the meantime, you can have a look at our last challenge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb7gc2_LXeM

01 January 2010
Gray wolf 2: Concept art

Here's some of the concept art for our lead character.

01 January 2010
Gray wolf 2: Concept art

Some more concept sketches.

01 January 2010
Hi.. finally im here for CG challenges.. big day for us !!! im so happy to work along with Amir and his guys... i will dedicate all my best and effort to win this challenge Cheerz....!!

01 January 2010
character design

saw bing's concept on the "wolfman". pretty cool! any way i can help? in any department?

01 January 2010
Hey everyone i am Tez and i will be supervising lighting and texturing and working on the short's rendering and dynamics, Had a very memorable time last time we participated in this event, made a lotta friends had a lotta fun and learnt a lot. Made mistakes and learnt from them. looking forward for a great competition, Best of luck and god bless to everyone participating in this event.

Tez

01 January 2010
Hey,
This is my first CG challenge and i'm really excited to be working with this team!

01 January 2010
B Movie

hello Amir,

This is Resha Mandalia here studying Bachelors of 3D animation at SAE, Dubai. I am interested to be a part of this CG challenge and am ready to commit myself for it.
I am up for
  • Texturing
  • Animation
  • Lighting
  • Visual Effects
The softwares I am able to operate are Adobe Photoshop, 3D studio max, Final Cut Pro.

Thank you!

01 January 2010
B Movie

hello Amir,

This is Resha Mandalia here studying Bachelors of 3D animation at SAE, Dubai. I am interested to be a part of this CG challenge and am ready to commit myself for it.
I am up for
  • Texturing
  • Animation
  • Lighting
  • Visual Effects
The softwares I am able to operate are Adobe Photoshop, 3D studio max, Final Cut Pro.

Thank you!

01 January 2010
Storyboards / pre-visualization: Concept design for the Monster

Well, Thanks to our incredible concept designer Bingu, here is an early concept design for the monster, in a few days time i will post all of our team members as well as the story and the final design, there on we'll start on story boarding and pre-viz!

01 January 2010
I like the red glowing to his eyes. Nice start.
http://www. pictoverse.com
Himmapan Project

01 January 2010
Thumbs up

What the story behind ?

01 January 2010
Thumbs up

Hey, this is Farzad and my sec CG challenge with this team,Another great challenge looking forward to it.
ill do my best.
best of luck to everyone. cheers

Farzad

Thread Closed share thread