Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 11-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
BurstCraftGaming
portfolio
Myles Eggert
Armidale, Australia

Smile How can i achieve this effect?

Supernova -Loyale

So the desired effect i want is looking to make a short intro to a few things, and im going to set up my garage for a short while with my green screen my softboxes etc.

Let me explain how i THOUGHT it'd go down.

I was going to place the two softboxes directed at me, a distance away, but slightly behind me. I had the green screen behind me lit with two floodlights.
I want to achieve the dark silhouettey figure in darkness with a flare behind me, but with the light wrappig around me alittle when close, and then when i move over it, it cuts out because im completely infront of it. Seen in THAT clip.
Now i found somewhere people were suggesting to use the 'foreground layers' of the optical flares from video copilot, but this does not work through green screen keyed Background.. or possible im not keying it with the right effect? keylight?

BUT i then found the 'making of' video, they recorded him in a bright environment, and later did ALL the post. (Making Of )

Im just looking to do the flared stuff while i pan around myself etc with a nice flare such as in that video for a 4-5sec intro after a 'previously on' message.

How would i go about achieving this?

What i'll be recording on, Nikon D7000 + 35mm 1.8g, settings unsure of as i was going to record it in the dark and adjust the shutter and f stop to darken the lighting to achieve the effect but obviously that isn't what im wanting now??

It'd mean so much if you guys could give me any advice or tips on how to achieve this effect,!!

Peace!

Old 11-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
BurstCraftGaming
portfolio
Myles Eggert
Armidale, Australia

Exclamation

Ok so i've been fiddling round and this is what i've come up with. If people could guide me if there might be ait easier ways. Please say so.

So i record myself how i wish, the light will be from behind, probably the light bouncing off of the green screen behind from the flood lights will be enough.
Ill key that out using keylight. If there is a MUCH sweet keying plugin, PLEASE PLEASE tell me, this one does leave green tints on the edges, or fuzz, and i hate it.

Then i create the 'glow' flare behind (set the foreground layer to the precomposed key'd layer or not, i dont see it making a difference) then create the 'flare' effect that will sit on top with a heavy flicker effect.

Now's the tricky part. Do i then mask the flare when my body get completely over the top of it, also animate the brightness of the flare and glow less as i move slightly over it for added effect, and when completely over it, mask the flare out, and lower its brightness tremendously.

Does that seem like the effect im going for in that video clip i linked above, the first 20 secsish is what im going for.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread