Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 11-10-2012, 04:18 AM   #1
Kyoufushin
portfolio
Shanon Oh
Teesside University
Bayan Lepas, Malaysia

Expression Editor

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could guide me on how I can set an expression on a few object's rotation (ie rotz) to be affected by a custom parameter that has a float value from 0 - 1.

I understand that I could always do CustomPSet.CustomParameter * 90 so that when the parameter is at 0, the object would be at 0 and when it reaches 1, the object would rotate 90 degrees.

Lets say I have 5 of these objects but I don't want them to end their rotation at the same time. So I'm figuring out how I can use the condition expression to do lets say if the value of rotation degrees is less than 90, it will continue to increase and if it reaches 90, it will remain at 90. In that sense, I can set a variation to the speed of the rotation for each object by adding a multiplication such as for object A's rotation is * 2, object B's rotation is * 3. That would mean that object B would reach 90 degrees earlier than object 2 and would stay at 90 degrees.

I'm not sure you get what I mean. But if there is another way to achieve this without the use of expression editor ( aside from manually keyframing each object's rotation through time line, I want to start learning how to use expressions to make animation easier to control with a parameter ) I'd gladly follow the advice.

Thanks in advance for those who have taken time and consideration to read or reply.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
Stoehr
Expert

portfolio
Matthew L Stoehr
Professor & Dept. Chair
American River College, Art New Media
Sacramento, USA

I'd recommend using ICE to create your animated effect. Learn more on ICE kinematics at Vimeo.com

Or, look at these old videos of mine on eye lid rigging with expressions.
http://formandspace.com/blog/2010/0...ye-lid-rigging/

3D Models
@ Turbosquid

my Scripts

Old 11-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread