Cycle. Voodoo or misunderstood?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2006
can you please try it in the Fcurve view guys? I reported a bug where it behaves differently in key view than it does in fcurve. are you at least getting the right result in fcurve view?

12 December 2006
I get the wrong result in both.

12 December 2006
on PC or MAC. Even with offset it seems work fine.

needless to say we are finding this command to be inconsistent and buggy.

12 December 2006
Offset works here fine. I think the issue may have something to do with the fact that a key can't be two values at once. If your first key is 0 and the second is 360, then when it tries to cycle from 0 to 360 the second time, the second key is set to 0. So you 0-0-360.

12 December 2006
Originally Posted by MJV: Offset works here fine. I think the issue may have something to do with the fact that a key can't be two values at once. If your first key is 0 and the second is 360, then when it tries to cycle from 0 to 360 the second time, the second key is set to 0. So you 0-0-360.

Yeah--thats it (what I was trying to show in an earlier post). It actually mention this I think in the Help entry--that the keys get overidden by the original first key value. But its limiting when needing to do rotation cycles.

12 December 2006
I also have to say--since we're on the subject of bugginess--that I have CRASHED a number of times when using the powerslider.J After adding kfs in the powerslider, then just clicking around in my timeline (no commands--just clicking on screen) I get random crashes.

And on an unrelated note (related only in that I've been keeping the HELP window up while I work this stuff out), clicking on the help browser window--(selecting type, specifically) has also caused me to crash several times. This is on different macs with different installs of R10 also.

(I'll forward to maxon)

12 December 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread