CGTalk > Software > Compositing Software > Adobe After Effects
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 03-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
ilegal31
portfolio
Jose Lopez
Newark, USA

Composting live footage with CG elements.

Hello gentleman,

I am working on a music video that requires Composting live footage with CG elements, or still elements. The scene is from a person that shoots himself, how do I recreate realistic gun shot wounds and blood splatters?. I had tried Mocha and video copilot elements, but I can not get decent realistic results, can anyone please post details about a workflow or suggestions?. I am new to compositing, my intention is to have the wound footage or stills, wrap the actors face to make a more realistic impression, how can I achieve this? Any special layer blending mode?.

Thanks in advance,

Javier.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
DrakenFX

portfolio
Isaac Borjas
personal, USA

Smile

hi there, one thing i may say for start with is, Do have a reference Picture / Image about how you want it to look? if there is o have one will be nice to post it so people around the community can give you a better or easy workflow for the effect you want to go for...

if is a moving shot a good track and depending on if 3D or Planar Tracking is implemented you should start with that, cuz having a good track for the shot to be compose will make your life a lot more easy...

Old 03-24-2013, 04:04 AM   #3
ilegal31
portfolio
Jose Lopez
Newark, USA

Hello DrakenFX,

Thanks for the response to my AE question, the scene that I wan to apply video FX is from a girl that shoots herself, attached you will find 2 pictures with the position and the wound, I had tried Video Copilot Action Movie Essentials but I can not get the result that I want, as an example, I had tried to track a blood splash on her face but the blood does not stick to the face, also tried to have gun wounds "From pictures" to composite on her face but no luck, I will greatly appreciate your help and advice. The scene is just 5 seconds, the girl shoot herself, from impact moves her head towards the back end it ends, but I want to actually see the wounds on her face and the blood.

http://s24.postimg.org/gwadklqc5/Su...rl_with_gun.jpg
http://s21.postimg.org/vpxau3eyf/1_...8000290_gr7.jpg

Regards,

Javier.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:04 AM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread