Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 11-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #16
hvanderwegen
Expert

Herbert van der wegen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRiTTeR

- 32bit curves in photoshop pls (is a must).
Adobe should be ashamed thats not in photoshop yet.

- More resize filters (lancsoz, sinc, catmul rom, box, triangle, mitchell-netravali).

I know your pain. And you know what? Both are supported in Photoline - I switched three months ago, and I am not looking back. Lancsoz 8 is available in PL, which works really well. And almost all filters, effects and adjustments layers are available in 8bit, 16bit and 32bit per channel mode (unlike PH), and, btw, the image mode (rgb,lab, cmyk, greyscale, monochrome) can be changed on a layer basis in PL! Photoline is, quite frankly, awesome for pure advanced image editing - I never understood why Adobe keeps adding in all the 3d or video editing fluff (why would you do this in PH if your 3d/video/motion fx app of choice can do it a hundred times better?)

Anyway, back on topic.

Richard, thanks for the plugins on your site - they also work flawlessly in Photoline 32bit.

As for filter ideas:
- a jpg compression fringe removal (especially in areas like skies and surrounding sharp edges on a smooth background)
- a filter that creates smooth line drawings out of relatively rough sketches. Would be great for hand-drawn on paper animation frames that are reasonably clean, but far from perfect. It would have to be able to 'fill in the blanks' automatically where lines are cut off intermittently.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #17
bupaje
Frequenter
portfolio
Burt Abreu
Digital Artist
Cypress, USA

I created a simple 'brush generator' in Filter Forge and always thought it would be nice to have something like that in Photoshop to generate procedural shapes that might make good brushes. You can see "Storm Forge" and "Broken Edges" on my site here for samples of brushes created using the filter (though I further edited some in Photoshop to make more complex).

I'd also like to have the ability to group multiple brushes so I might have texture brushes rock 1, rock 2 and rock 3 and as I paint it would continuously swap between those three.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #18
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread