Ladies Of London, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Ladies Of London, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Title: Ladies Of London
Name: Linda Bergkvist
Software: Photoshop

To the left - Madame Caramelle, to the right - Josephina
I've mostly been doing work for my book lately, but at the side, I'm doing designs for a roleplaying games campaign I'm doing for my friends and me. We're just going to have tons of fun and play, the setting being London in the end of the nineteenth century and the game system being Call of Cthulhu.

I'm skipping the major monsters, though, this will be more like murder mystery stories with a supernatural tone to them. Unfortunately, I don?t have much time to write the storyline nor to sketch the non-player characters, but I recently finished two of the female characters involved (the two prettiest ones, those are always the easiest to paint and design, aren't they?) Next, doing two of the male ones, and then two more female and two more male before I'm done with the character images for the campaign.

I'm wildly happy with the face on the left one, as I personally think it's the prettiest face I've ever painted. As far as pictures go, I suppose they're rather boring and without backgrounds, but look at them as what they are ' portraits of characters :]

Photo references used for the hand on Madame Caramelle, and for the frills and folds on Josephina's dress. Also, I studied a bunch of beautiful Asian girls to get the features right on Caramelle - also, her corset is based on one of my own corsets :]

I'm not at home right now but I'll post a few close-ups when I get home. Enjoy!

(edit, accidentally wrote 'eighteenth' century, when I meant 'nineteenth'... right around the time when Jack was sneaking along the streets of Whitechapel)

D'artiste

Painting eyes
Painting hair

03 March 2005
Wow! So beautiful... Thanks for the inspiration!

Massive update to my site, tons of new art!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Roy Batty, replicant.

03 March 2005
Stunning work Linda... if I'm not careful I'll end up wibbling, but your skin tones are wonderfuly subtle and delicate as usual, and the attention to detail on the dresses is superb! Joy! Yup, I'm inspired too!

03 March 2005
Cool

Excellent work as usual.

-Steve

03 March 2005
Inspiring as per usual...your work is so expressive and beautiful. No criticisms here! What impresses me most about your work is the detail and the clarity. The expressions are bang on and help the veiwer get inside the character immediately.
Keep it up!
~Ela~

03 March 2005
hi.

beautifully done... .

waheed nasir.

03 March 2005
I promised closeups, and here they are.

(I'm not even going to admit to how ridiculously long it took me to make the lace for this dress)

Jose Pardo -- thank you <3

Poshspice -- Whee, thanks :] I've become addicted to skintones lately.

SpeccySteve -- Thanks :]

Elaeria -- Thank you :) I'm a total sucker for details. In some of my larger paintings, I take great glee in placing out little things, a frog on a rock, a bird in a tree, just because I get to work longer on the painting if I do...

waheednasir -- Thank you kindly :)

03 March 2005
THIS....IS.....ARTWORK!

Last time I stared at a women like this she was hanging on the wall at the Metropolitian Museum of Art in NYC.

Wow. There is such a thing as love as first sight.

03 March 2005
i can really tell you've been practicing skintones. your skin has always been amazing, but recently, esspecially with the red haired/green eyed girl you drew recently, there has been an astounding realizm and an amazing amount of color and detail in your skin that truely makes your pictures even more amazing than they already are.

the asian face is breathtaking, those eyes blow me away, esspecially those lashes. i love the tophat. the details on the dress on josephine, i honestly dont have any words, the patience amazes me to no end. thank you for the close ups! its always awesome to see your brush strokes

03 March 2005
Wow, at first glance it looks just like a photograph! CG Choice Gallery material!

03 March 2005
You mean to tell me those women don't exist ? There is no reference for their faces ? No reference for their expressions ?
I thought only nature could create such beauty...

And I usually hate photorealism, because it's cold (even the hot elves witches are cold...). But you actually bring emotion to photorealism.

Rio Yeti - Frustrated 3D artist...

03 March 2005
AVTPro -- Aw, thank you. Not sure if I'd say this is art, though. It's more like... a couple of illustrations. Me not trying to convey anything with this except their attitudes and looks, and the designs of their clothes.

naludai -- Thank you :] I have been practicing skin tones like crazy... as for the realism of it, I'm actually trying to loosen that up. I've spent a LOT of time in the sketch forums at cgtalk trying to move away from my insane obsession with completing an image and removing every little brush stroke from the finished result. Stuff like this is what's come out of that -
a tarot card
a little fairy (nudity)
Audrey Hepburn
It's been SO much fun and I've learned so much. I love the people there :]

NauticaC -- Thanks :] But, man, I thought these would at least be obvious paintings, what with the extremely soft skins, way too large eyes and somewhat silly designs, heheh.

Rio Yeti -- Ha ha, cruel world, innit? Truth to be told, like I said, I looked at a lot of photos of Asian women for Madame Caramelle, since I've not really painted that kind of eyes before, but no... it's not based on a real person, so I doubt she (or the other girl) exists. Lighting schemes are as usually based on yours truly, but I don't look anything like that (sigh).

03 March 2005
I love it!THe fleck and naevus can be even seen.

03 March 2005
Wow Enyala, that's amazing work.

There is just something about those faces that puts me in a trance. However long it took, it was sure work it. I'm just not sure what the blurred feather/wire things are behind the hat. Are they part of it or a shadow?

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by Enayla: Ha ha, cruel world, innit?

You have no idea !

Thread Closed share thread