Health Problems of Artists– Symptoms and Preventions

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by Lunatique: It's important to remember that prolonged sitting and standing are both bad for your body. It's much better to alternate between them, so when you start to get sore from standing, you sit, and when your sitting gets uncomfortable (for example, my tailbone would hurt after a while), you stand. This is why I chose the Ergotron Workfit-A, which allows me to easily and quickly switch between the two without having to raise/lower the entire desk.

Thing is, most of us lazy bum , we tend to apply the law of inertia which is: A body at rest tends to want to stay at rest.... In short when we are sitting on our bum it takes an effort to stand up. So by making myself a stand up only workspace I remove the concious effort it takes to lift myself out of the confort of my padded chair.

And if I start to tire while standing up, I'll take this as a cue to go drink some water, pedal on my stationary bike or just take a break, which is a good thing since I tend to drift and experiment with sometime catastrophic result when I'm working on something and I get bored.

07 July 2013
My wife got me into Pilates , wow, great stuff for someone who sits all day. Works the legs and core like nothing I've ever done before.-also Yoga

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by pipdixel: My wife got me into Pilates , wow, great stuff for someone who sits all day. Works the legs and core like nothing I've ever done before.-also Yoga

Is it good for her or for you?

Hell i could sit and watch my wife doing pilates and yoga in thight leggings
Of course i don't have a wife but still...

07 July 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread