Café Racer - CB750

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2013
Café Racer - CB750

Hello everybody! My name is Vince, I am a recent graduate from Columbia College Chicago.

This piece is for a demo of a game I am working on. The project is going to be huge. If I rely on only my skills it will take at least a year of full-time work to complete. I'm going to work on the artwork first so that I can build a strong portfolio and hopefully find a studio job. Until I do find a job, I will be working as hard as I can to complete the demo.

This asset is going to be one of the vehicles in my racing simulator. I'm treating the vehicles as if they are characters because the motorcycles are going to be the main focus of the game. The bikes are going to be as detailed as I can get them and be as authentic as possible.

This bike is about half done. These renders were done with mental ray, but I will try to get the in-game renders looking just as nice. So far this bike has 95% of it's model finished and the UVs are finished. I'm currently texturing and I hope to have a showcase of the bike in UDK in the next two weeks, with complex shaders, emissive maps, maybe even some tessellation and particle effects.

Anyone else here motorcycle fans? I'd love to hear what anyone has to say.

Thanks!

08 August 2013
Vince a model that reminds me of when I was a teenager, very well done I like it!
The instrument panel looks very good, the chrome is very good
maybe missing details in the paint ..
I hope to see it finished and good luck with the project!

11 November 2013
I'm glad you like it mcebas! Sorry for such a delayed response. Life has been crazy the last few months. I have been working on it off in between other projects. It's in engine now (UDK)

I keep messing around with the shaders, to get the most authentic look but I need to push forward and implement the animations. I am hoping to have the showcase finished by Thanksgiving. Crossing my fingers for everything to go well.

More images of progress in UDK!

And an extra of my real bike.

11 November 2013
Looking good. I think the seat could use some love though. I would just make a new mesh and combine it with the bike so it feels separated rather than painted on.

Nice work!

11 November 2013
Looks great!

11 November 2013
Thanks ndf77! I see what you mean about the leather. I will see what I can do with the geometry to make it stand out a little more. The seat hasn't gotten much attention for a while. I have a couple of ideas that can improve it: Add some stitching, chrome snaps, some wrinkles.

I think it's getting there, though. Anything else stand out right away?

11 November 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread