New Mac Pro in 2019

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

1 Day Ago
NWoolridgeeverything is fine. I think we understand each other quite well.

I didn't want to turn this thread around so go on with the topic

18 Hours Ago
Well, this thread is still quite lively isn't it.

While I knew that things can get heated whenever you get within a mile of a Mac/ PC topic, I'm glad to see there are some other people that seem to be in the same boat. I half expected the only responses to to be "just switch to PC you idiot" and honestly I'm not really offended by those since that is sometimes a voice in my own head.

Regarding the "just build an updated cheesegrater" line of thinking: I get that, and I'd probably buy it f they built it. But it reminds me of the Henry Ford quote where he said that if he had asked people what they wanted, they would have said "a faster horse." We all want a faster horse, but what if there is some novel approach to our workflows and tools that could yield meaningful advances? I started in this business before there was a usable internet and before anyone carried a cell phone, but the 3d animation workstations from back then were strikingly similar to what we use now, just with less capable components. I'm glad someone at least seems to be taking a fresh look at this paradigm and seeing what might be done to move things forward, aside from simply stuffing the same components that everyone else uses into a big metal box.

reply share thread