DMP Self-Challenge 002 - August 2016

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

08 August 2016
DMP Self-Challenge 002 - August 2016

Let the second DMP Self-Challenge begin!
And our theme for August is:

"Underwater civilization"

Interpretation of this theme is up to you as it is in "open" formula. It can be sci-fi, fantasy, ancient, secret military, under construction... wherever your imagination will take you. Some interesting inspirations (thanks to Michael and Aaron) you can find in our master thread from July: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...=1381191&page=1

1) People.
Everyone is welcome! To join us simply create a new thread in this forum with the date of challenge and name such as: "August 2016 - Jules Verne" and post there your WIPs (work in progress) and final images.

2) Time.
Till end of August.

3) Prizes.
- Skills.
- Image for portfolio.
- Fun in good companionship .

4) Future.
During the Challenge you can post proposals of themes for September in this thread. At the end of the month (last three days) we will choose theme for next Self-Challenge during voting process.

Have fun and good luck!

Regards
Jonatan

09 September 2016
This is a great idea! Bit sad I missed this one, I had always just assumed from the stickies this forum was dead, I'm surprised to see a few motivated people down here. Anyway I'll keep my eyes peeled for any new developments, I'm definitely keen to enter the next self-challenge when/if it happens.

One question, will it be OK if I entered a short video clip as well as a still? I'm pretty keen to add some stuff into my showreel and improve my roto/projection skills.

reply share thread