|01-10-2013, 11:36 PM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2010
Searching for one fluid cache file from your sim
I am currently updating my fluid shader for mentalRay and Arnold (probably VRay if the others are working).
To optimize the shading speed and caching, I am collecting a wide range of different kinds of fluid simulations. (To be more specific: I am collecting the cache files of the sim)
I just need ONE file of a simulation to test compressions/filter/speed.
Multiple files of the same simulation do not help as the fluid has a similat shape/size/values/color.
It should be something in production quality (not a tiny 20x20x20 fluid grid...)
Types of cache files:
- Maya .mc
- blender .bphys
- Phoenix .aur
- FumeFX ( Not yet supported as I am not able to get any contact via firstname.lastname@example.org. Tried 4 times in 2 years. Does someone know any other contact address?)
- Any fluid cache format I am missing?
If you happen to have a cache file:
- Create a text file with your (company) name.
- Zip the text file with the cache file(s).
- Upload it via a file hoster and post the link or send the link to mail (at) BinaryAlchemy.de
I found a list of file hoster here:
Files < 60MB:
If your file is less than 60MB, then you can use www.BinaryAlchemy.de/upload_caches.php
(I am getting a new one for larger files, but right now I cannot change the limit.)
When I am finished, I will perhaps add all fluid tests to one large video sequence with one fluid/frame and stats like load/render time.
Last edited by DigiDragon : 01-10-2013 at 11:39 PM.
|01-10-2013, 11:36 PM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Thread automatically closed
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|