Do you think the new Gnomon online courses are worth it?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
Do you think the new Gnomon online courses are worth it?

Just read about the new Gnomon online course format, which changes things to be realtime, with classes and teacher-student interaction by webcam made possible. What do you guys think about this?

I have a few years of experience in a tiny, tiny vfx house and am currently looking for a job. I want to work in the big companies as a Lighting TD, but I have no lighting work I can proudly show. I need to make my reel but, to be honest, I don't know if I have what it takes to make it. This is my latest contribution to the Lighting Challenges section of CGS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xi3xosix4...mokeFinal03.jpg

Because of this, the Lighting and Rendering course atracted me, but I'm unsure if it's worth it. I know I have some skills but some kind of course seems great to consolidate them. But the thing I need most, is some kind of advice/mentoring so that I can be aware of where my skills are at and how I can better myself. I'm totally lost right now and being without a job for a whole year hurts a lot, as I'm not getting any younger and feel my life is passing by. Well that looks a bit dramatic, sorry, but I am kind of desperate.

PS: about the new Gnomon format: http://www.cgchannel.com/2013/01/ho...nline-training/

Old 04 April 2013   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread