Trouble with After Effects?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #1
Trouble with After Effects?

I bought a template for Adobe After Effects. It is a 2 minutes video of photo frames falling through the ocean. The person said when you go to put the pictures in, if they do not fit go to the frame pre-comp layer and scale to fit. I went to that layer, and tried clicking fit to composition, but the photos are still either way to big or to small when I render it. (I am using after effects cs6) I have tried to get ahold of the person I bought it from but I have to have this done today.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by TaylorTaylor : 11 November 2012 at 07:17 PM.

Old 11 November 2012   #2
Did you double click the precomp layer and adjust the image in there?

Old 11 November 2012   #3
Yes I double clicked frame pre-comps, clicked on frame 1, clicked on the picture, right clicked, and clicked fit to comp. But when I render it, it is way to big.

Old 11 November 2012   #4
One thing I noticed is when I got to frame pre-comps and click on a frame (not a picture), It shows the frame on top of a big black box which is bigger than the frame. Do I need to shrink that box and if so how?

Old 11 November 2012   #5
Do you have any screenshots? I would be curious if the switch that retains all data from the precomp is on. It really depends how the person set up the file. Did you get it through any kind of site?

Old 11 November 2012   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread