CINEMA 4D R14 Demo Version available now

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2012   #1
CINEMA 4D R14 Demo Version available now

CINEMA 4D R14 Demo Version Available Immediately

Test the fantastic new features in CINEMA 4D R14 for yourself.

To mark the start of SIGGRAPH 2012 in L.A., MAXON is announcing the immediate availability of the CINEMA 4D R14 demo version. Test incredible new features such as the completely integrated sculpting system, the camera matching functionality and new connectivity to third-party applications. Modeling, animation, rendering and workflow have also been made even better, which lets everyone from motion graphics designers to VFX artists, visualization professionals and more achieve dazzling results even faster and easier than before.

The CINEMA 4D R14 demo version can be activated with complete functionality* for 42 days, including the save function.

Download your CINEMA 4D R14 demo version today!

http://www.maxon.net/en/news/single...mmediately.html

Old 08 August 2012   #2
Downloading demo right now. Looking to dump Autodesk asap.

Old 08 August 2012   #3
I love that maxon is still improving the modelling tools This will probably be the reason why I switch to C4D

Old 08 August 2012   #4
Just ordered R14.
Really excited that I'm now able to sculpt within Cinema.
Could never get my head around ZBrush which by the way I'm now selling if anyone's interested.

Cian.

Old 08 August 2012   #5
So you are selling a software which will possibly be free for like.. ever, without testing how well cinema sculpts?

I guess you don't really need to do any high detailed things, because you wouldn't be selling ZBrush otherwise.

That said, Cinema4D sculpting is pretty decent, but its not a specialized product, so don't expect it to be anywhere as fast as ZBrush, or as versatile for geometry creation.

Old 08 August 2012   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cian
Just ordered R14.
Really excited that I'm now able to sculpt within Cinema.
Could never get my head around ZBrush which by the way I'm now selling if anyone's interested.

Cian.

So wisely....ha?

Old 08 August 2012   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient-whisper
So you are selling a software which will possibly be free for like.. ever, without testing how well cinema sculpts?

I guess you don't really need to do any high detailed things, because you wouldn't be selling ZBrush otherwise.

That said, Cinema4D sculpting is pretty decent, but its not a specialized product, so don't expect it to be anywhere as fast as ZBrush, or as versatile for geometry creation.

This is a thread about the demo version of C4D being available, I would therefore assume his post was made after trying it out.

Old 08 August 2012   #8
Yes, but who knows if he gave it a good run. It wasn't that long after it was posted about the demo. That's all I am saying. Like I said in my previous post, it depends what he needs it for. Not everyone needs it for super high detailing. However, Cinema 4d wont reach the same levels as ZB, and that's fine, because it isn't a specialized Sculpting app. But losing software that gets you free updates ( and MAJOR ones at that ), would be silly imo.

Old 08 August 2012   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread