UGAC - Master Chamber - Rogelio Olguin

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2006
Thanks man

Keep at the project your doing, I like the bar and dance idea. It can look damn sweet given some time on it. The models were sharp already just needs some good texturing.

A lot of good works going around like that destroyed lab/torture room one is nifty esp with the new things added. I am trying to win yes of course if I said otherwise that would be a lie entering a comp etc, but even if I do not win I have learned a lot. People are still making stuff for this comp so I expect many of the designs to look sweet once you have the final touch done for the last shots taken.

08 August 2006
Hey RO, this is surely one of the most complete and best looking entries for the competition at the moment. However, I'm concerned with if you may have missed the subject a little? This needs to be an interior, and 4 pillars and a fence hardly make it an interior with visible trees, grass, etc. Perhaps you could somehow enclose it so the judges dont discard you purely for missing the subject.

It's really nice work, it makes me think how such a scene would run in realtime. I mean cos the render is pretty high res + antialiased and you have a sort of foggy noise and bloom in there. Rendered works always make me think of how it could be implemented in a realtime engine I guess i'm just becoming obsessed with shaders. In fact, i've been experimenting so much with shaders and stuff that I increasingly doubt I'll finish my entry on time with the rate i'm going.

08 August 2006
Thanks

yeah I agree I missed the point. I saw that a while ago so if it is discarded because of that oh well. I have np with that I am just happy of doing this work heheh

I am pretty sure this would run well considering gears of war is using three times or more polys and texture space easy.

08 August 2006
Smile

As always your level of detail is high. I just love your style, it looks like your own which is re-freshing to see. On the centre statue, what is it ?. They look like a set of mean ass dogs. From start to finish how meny hours did this project take.

Later mate...

08 August 2006
Thanks Pixelgen

The center statue was inspired by the feathered serpant god called QUETZALCOATL

http://www.unexplainable.net/artman...image5_reli.jpg

Though from the start I changed the idea a bit and those are some kind of dog howling with features.

The theme is a mix of many but the main theme I want to bring out was some kind of aztec style. Lets say the people who built these have a lot in commen with aztecs but got furter in "technology tree". Since I am from Mexico I really like the building style and art. Shame a lot of it is being destroyed by lack of the gov taking care of it.

Edit: Sorry did not mention how long it took to make this stuff sorry. I started the contest a bit late than everyone else had some things to do before starting this. But aprox this took three weeks time. I worked around 8-12 hour days on this. I made one object per day pretty much. The weekends I took a break usally. The statue took me two days. Mostly due to the fact that it was not rendering the normals correctly so I had to figure it out. at the end I devided it up into big chunks and than rendered it than put it together again.

I made a small movie of this work with a slight flyby and some texture flats etc. The main title is GAC... I did not put U to the gac since... Unoffical sounds so bad lol.

Oh yeah right click and save as pls.

http://onlinewarriors.beyondunreal....guinChamber.mov

Last edited by RO : 08 August 2006 at 05:49 PM.

08 August 2006
Congrats on completing your entry for the competition Rogelio, The video looks awsome
and your final entry is top notch, Hope to see you in the next challange as well.

Good Luck

-Pdude

Master Chamber entry

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - A.E

08 August 2006
your entry is looking really great. i think it would stand out a lot more if you were to use the lighting to its full advantage. right now, it looks more like an ambient kind of lighting situation; a light setup with more contrast could help you establish more of a mood and make it look more like an environment than just a collection of props. i think what you have is great, but i also think you can push it further.

08 August 2006
Looks great RO! I really like the video, I think video does a lot more justice to environments than pics. I may have to make the request on a extention so I can put a video together too .

08 August 2006
AndrewRaZ: I agree the lighting needs work. If I get time I may go over it. But things are starting up again for school here. So I have to prepare myself.

somnambulance: hehehe yeah the video does add more to the work. I agree with extention a lot of nice works going on that are on the verg of being done bt still need more time it seems.

Pdude2K5: If the next contest has to do with envio stuff ill get in. But I think Gac needs another cha comp. I liked that megaman idea put up in the last comp for ideas. maybe we can do that instead of an envio. I would enter that. I do not have a lot of knowledge about making cha so If I enter a cha comp that might help me get better.

08 August 2006
Smile

Yes the lighting needs work. Looking at the flyby I feel the centre piece of the chamber is set in the wrong surroundings. A rainforest of sum kind, a bit like the ruin temples you see in Indonesia would have suited better. The change of setting would let you use a greater rang of colors, that couldhave inriched your project.

Can you post a few pics of the uv maps with the textures on, I read something you said about not needing to paint shadows on textures cos normals render them.

PS I sure you no this but I am p2xelgen of beyond, a few sites had name in use ...

08 August 2006
Very nice work RO! I love the amount of detail you've put into this. I kinda feel like you went overboard on the fog and blur though, it covers up all of your hard work. The movie was great, but too much blur, I'd like to be able to see it better. Great textures!

08 August 2006
Great ambience, I love it

08 August 2006
----test post for final----

INFO
  • Name : Rogelio Olguin
  • Specs : 19,998 faces
  • WIP Thread : Click Here
  • Movie : (Right click Save as) Click Here
  • Description : This is a court yard of a lost civilization found in a dried out planet, that resembles Aztec architecture.
TEXTURES

FINAL RENDERS

WIREFRAME

Last edited by RO : 08 August 2006 at 03:11 AM.

08 August 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread