The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Ted Terranova

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2006
The Journey Begins Challenge (2D) Entry: Ted Terranova

Ted Terranova is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Final Image

www.TerranovaArt.com

05 May 2006
oh man! I just wan to say GOOD LUCK to u~!

We left not many hours behind.

05 May 2006
Concept Sketch: Rough Sketch

Rough Sketch. I just had a cool idea so I'm going to see if I can get it done in two days :) It's a cool floating ship that is setting off to discover new lands.

www.TerranovaArt.com

05 May 2006
Line Art: The Flying Fortress

I got the lineart done for the flyer. I love making really detailed line drawings. Lots of little details and places to visit. I think my favorite spot is where the one guy is sitting by the tree near the sheep. Coloring this beast and painting in the background will be tough.

www.TerranovaArt.com

05 May 2006
Coloring WIP: Color WIP

Blocking in the color.

www.TerranovaArt.com

05 May 2006
It would be great to see you finish this entry, Ted. Welcome back, again! and good luck with your entry! Loved your spectacular image dude!

05 May 2006
man i echoed totally about what beelow mentioned above.we have a few more hours left and it'd sure be great to see this finish.good luck

05 May 2006
dino, michael and beelo, Thanks guys. This is gonna be really tight I kept putting off working on this and now it's due. I like to work under pressure but this is silly Thanks for the support. Good luck guys.

www.TerranovaArt.com

05 May 2006
Final Coloring: Final Color

final color in. I still need to do some more cleanup. I'm also going to add more detail. I hope that this more stylized/cartoonish look comes out well.

www.TerranovaArt.com

05 May 2006
Final Image: Final Image

All done. Wish I had more time but that's my fault of course. Thanks for the support from everyone especially Kym. And all my inspiration for this challenge. Hayao Miyazaki, and his awesome movies and vehicles. An obvious influence on this one. James and the giant peach (the book) and James Gurney's Dinotopia. I'd like to maybe do this image again in 3D or at least some more sketches of the adventures that these guys go on. It just looks like the coolest little balloon to ride around in :) Good luck everyone.

Story:
As the snows began to encroach on their lands the clans of the high mountains knew that they must set out and find a new country in which to live. Six brave travelers set off on a journey that may take years. They have only their airship as a home. But it is a special craft equipped with a small patch of earth on which to graze the live stock and grow fruit trees and remember their purpose for the journey. There is the eagle's perch where the travelers can set out on scouting missions using the clans animal allies. There is also the observatory, engine room, defense turrets and the great library within. The clans can only hope that this will be enough for these brave travelers to succeed in the JOURNEY ahead.

www.TerranovaArt.com

05 May 2006
man u did it!!jezz i'm amazed by the speed u did in this,though there are portions that looks alil unfinished but nontheless,it looks good still.i hope u will complete the whole image for good my friend.the design of the ship is awesome,really get this miyazaki taste in itgood luck mate

05 May 2006
that balloon is really cool...
some fast work in ther!!

best of luck..

05 May 2006
Novacaine.. Sorry to come in this late.

The balloon flight is really awesome n cute in its way! This is one of the original concept i ever came across in this forum so far.

Btw, i love ur Spectacular entry. U should really give this balloon flight a 3D adventure. I bet u will goin to finish it at another masterpieve level!..

Good luck to u in everything including this challenge!..

p/s: Ouch, i jst found two lambs on the ship...dat's one adorable picture~

05 May 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread