Concept Design - X1900 Cruiser

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2009
Concept Design - X1900 Cruiser

While awaiting the arrival of Tesla, I did some modeling work in Maya.
I'd love to do an EIAS version soon...

For "Prisoners of Zhenga" , a Sci-Fi TV Series that I started developing years ago, four concept vehicles are about to see the first light of day. The first one - the X1900 GT Speed Cruiser - is a vicious jet engine bike, capable of reaching speeds over 350 mph. Equipped with an arsenal of hightech weaponry, this puppy can be both flexible and lethal during a highspeed desert chase.

http://www.silverbullet3d.com/conceptdesign

Last edited by vrusch : 11 November 2009 at 04:10 PM.

11 November 2009
Looks very interesting. It has a 'mean' look to it.

My only question would be about the lack of a windshield of any sort. Without a wind break, how would she be able to hang on at 350 MPH? I can't help but picture Ewoks on a speeder bike stretched out horizontally as they fly along. There's nothing about the seat that would keep her rump in place either.

11 November 2009
Originally Posted by vrusch: While awaiting the arrival of Tesla, I did some modeling work in Maya.
I'd love to do an EIAS version soon...

Very nice image Bert!

So, in what app did you rendered the image then?

Regards
Stefan

11 November 2009
Thanks for your feedback, guys.
Stefan, everything (except the background image) is done in Maya.
I bet that EIAS could render even better results.

BV

11 November 2009
the background

Hi Bert,

This is a very nice image. Is the background Vue, Bryce, Terragen . . . ? Also, is this a single frame from an animation?

Joe T

11 November 2009
Hi Joe,

The background image is just a still photograph. Nothing fancy going on here, I'm afraid. The goal of this project is to generate 15 to 20 still images, showing the right mood & ambience of the series. Vehicles, environments and characters. Since I'm doing this in my spare time, I guess it will probably take me a few years to complete and present it to any (potential) producers.

Cheers, Bert.

11 November 2009
Hey Bert,

Keep on going. That's the way things get done.

-Craig

11 November 2009
So what has this to do with EIAS?

11 November 2009
Nothing, Paul.
Read my first line.
If Tesla would have been here already, I would have modeled it in that application.
Just trying to keep this community alive.

I think this forum had 3 postings between June and October...

11 November 2009
I think its also ok to see once in a while an image made from an EIAS user with another app. Like you said, keeps the forum alive and maybe leads also to questions how a certain task can be archived with EIAS.

BTW. speaking of forum activities (im just to curious...) When visiting the EITG site, which i usually do daily, i see for a long time now many users logged in, no matter what time of the day. What puzzles me however is what are all the users doing there? When a user posts a question usually no one of the logged in users answers a question. Is there a "secret chatt/meeting area/activity going on? Just curious...

Regards
Stefan

11 November 2009
No there's no secret. I think everyone is holding their breath right now. (Whether on this board or the EI forum) The EI community is about to go through another transitional shift and folks have either slowed down their posting because there's nothing more to be said, or they're just curious waiting for something to happen. Tomas and the Igors can't really say anything at this point...at least not until their deal is complete.

Previsualization Society - Founder / Secretary
Independent - Sr. Previs & Layout Supervisor

11 November 2009
Bert,
Love the image.
Could you render the same image in EI and see the comparison?
The motion blur affecting only the bottom of the background is a nice touch.
If you plan to keep the hand size of your characters like this, I would suggest reducing the handles size for a better grab. And if we want to be a little more security conscious, at those speed in the rocky desert, a pair of goggles would certainly be the least of needed protection... I suggest a full face protection or a windshield.
Give her a haircut... Or correct the flow...
Exhaust pipes, clutch and brake handles...? Retro model, no doubt.
The back burner smoke is improbable.
She has a nice pair
of boots.
Finally, any kind of backrest would help keep her seated when she floors it.
Again, nice illustration.

Last edited by richardjoly : 11 November 2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: goggles, not googles...

11 November 2009
Thanks for your guidelines, Rick !

I totaly agree with you, there's room for lots of improvement here. Her hair looks like "solid wax" right now, think I'm gonna replace that with a real photo. The smoke trail doesn't make any sense, there should be more of an afterburner stream effect visible. You are right about her not being constrained in the seat/saddle, etc etc.

I will render an EIAS version as soon as I have time.

Regards, Bert.

11 November 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread