a WORKING viewport (not a fancy one)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by doffer: It was more a comment to viewport 2 being a "fancy feature". I find it very useful for animation, especially in the latests versions, where it seems better and better at displaying things correctly.

Me too, I find the real-time AO very useful for assessing contact between characters and their environment and/or props etc when animating.

All I want is for it to support Strokes and I'd probably never switch it off

Cheers,
Brian

08 August 2013
In maya 2013, I can't see basic control vertexs in High Quality Rendering. This is one of the ones I remember, mostly I just change views until I find one that works. You know its Sad But True, or more honestly, pathetic but true.

Oh, another one I remember. You have to be in a certain viewport renderer to see painted weights. WTF?

After enough time with maya, you learn ways to keep from being screwed by maya. Woe to the newbie.

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by fleabay: Oh, another one I remember. You have to be in a certain viewport renderer to see painted weights. WTF?

This is fixed in vp 2.0

gibby3d.com

08 August 2013
Quote: ...pathetic...
... WTF?...
... screwed...

Yes, let it out mate. Jap dudes hire rooms where they can smash things up. This thread is meant as therapy for CG artists with viewport frustrations...

Let's whine!! ... for that's the only thing left to do

Just kiddin... Respect 2 Kees... and... Sorry moderator...

Last edited by ljilekor : 08 August 2013 at 09:14 AM.

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by ljilekor: *** dudes hire rooms where they can smash things up.

*I don't know how this term is received in Europe, but it's derogatory in the US...

gibby3d.com

Last edited by jgibz : 08 August 2013 at 04:42 PM.

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by ljilekor: Let's whine!! ... for that's the only thing left to do

I was confirming the OP's issue with a working default viewport and never did I whine.

08 August 2013
Hi Kees Just wanted to say thanks,.. since I'm a long.. very long time max user... and now use Maya now at work.
But how does the viewport 2.0 properly translate to a final Mental Ray render? I know Max has added a few tricks but they are not really "render worthy".. for final output.
I've worked on a lot of games. (Call of Duty 2, 3, Medal of Honor and more),. and the only time we used Direct X shaders was for some very minor things.
I'm now on film projects, and curious,.. development on directx viewport work is mainly for games?
Will Mental Ray render an output of the directx settings? Properly?
Sorry for all the questions,. you have a lot of respect from me.

08 August 2013
Originally Posted by refract: Will Mental Ray render an output of the directx settings? Properly?

Hi John,

I am not really involved in Mental Ray so I am not exactly sure.
I do know that the Uber Shader itself does not render in Mental Ray.

Mental Ray shaders can be made to display useful, real-time shader results in Viewport 2.0 though. But it is not something I personally work on at the moment.

08 August 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread