Targeting expression help please.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
Targeting expression help please.

Lets try this again...
I am using Cinema 4D XL 7. Yes it is old but it is all I have. I made an object, a bow, that uses a tartet expresion, but the problem is if there is two of the object groups, the second group in the list points to the first group in the list. Is there a way to restrict the target expression to just one object group since I might be making several copies of them so renaming each target and target expresion would be impractical?
Thank you and a seedy responce would be appriciated.

If this is not the right place to post please tell me where I should. (I did post this before but it seems to not be here.)

Also, where do I go to look at my posts from my profile, so I do not have to use the search?

05 May 2013
I think the problem which you are facing is because of using Cinema 4D XL 7 which is too old and does not support these all and for getting to your post directly in your profile there is a option of my post.
forming an llc in Florida

06 June 2013
Like I said, I know it is old, ten years old. I was just trying to find a way around the issue like possibly a old plugin or something. I ended up going a different direction with what I was going to use it for but it would still be very good to figure this out.

Thank you.

06 June 2013
i think everybody here really would like to help you,
but working with a 10 year old software makes it hard to give you any tips, since no one here will have a clue how to describe the help - even if assume that R7 already had target expressions.

good luck
fuat

06 June 2013
Howdy,

You'd probably have to write your own Menu plugin to perform the copy and code it to rename the objects in each group copy and rename the link edit field in the Target Expression tag. If you look in the folder "Resource/res/dialogs" for the file R_FOLLOW.res, you will find the ID for the search edit text field in the Target Expression tag is "IDC_SUCHEN".

Unfortunately, XL7 didn't have the ability to transfer goals when making copies, so the only thing you can do is either do it manually or write your own plugin to do it.

Adios,
Cactus Dan

cactus3d.com, cactus3d-Plugins, CD Character Plugins forum

06 June 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread