SciFi Portraits-004, Arnaud Brisebois (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2013
SciFi Portraits-004, Arnaud Brisebois (2D)

Title: SciFi Portraits-004
Name: Arnaud Brisebois
Software: Photoshop

Okay. I'm still working on these guys. So, I have established rigid guidelines to the execution (I.E.; frontal orientation of characters, medium to close up framing, top light with camera flash, etc) and I'm starting to feel pretty constrained by them. Still, it's the whole essence of this project; To have a wide collection of portraits, that feel homogenic and consistent with one another. More coming up!

05 May 2013
I sense some crumbs of instagram here...
Nice work!
Keep it up!

05 May 2013
SciFi Portraits

Hey! You're totally right about the instagram feel. Since this serie is about portraits, I didn't want to simply render out designs, I wanted the images to feel like contemporary photographs, similar to what we're used to seeing via instagram and facebook.
By pulling these sci fi characters out of their respective contexts to set them back in a "post-modern/pop culture" setting, they somehow become more accessible and familiar, thus, hopefully, making them feel more realistic. Thanks a bunch for commenting!

05 May 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread