Master and Servant 3D Entry: Gunilla Elam

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2005
First:Thanks for comment of my work I received from you.

Second: I really like your final. It seems like it cannot be made any better! Wow!

Third: Thanks for comments in next challenge, I hope!

Pasi

05 May 2005
Originally Posted by Gunilla: Also, in a challenge like this it's not really that important what gender you are or what race or from what continent - we're all here to learn and play, right?

right ...

05 May 2005
Hi Gunilla,

really nice image you managed to creat there... I really like the idea behind it... servants of media ! Great idea & nice artistic look...

05 May 2005
Nuce, Gunilla! The post effects really bring you comp together. (keeps my eye moving over the image) Nice work!

05 May 2005
good luck Gunilla with your beautiful and unique scene

05 May 2005
Thumbs up

Hi Gunilla,

excellent final image, amazing mood, and for sure, and original and interesting concept...
You've done a very good work.

Good luck my friend

05 May 2005
Hi Gunilla. Hope that you will have some constructive preludes at the edge as this one, in the future also (very interesting).

Best wishes

05 May 2005
Congratulations

Entirely original. If there were some few entries those when I saw them I talked to myself as "Oh, why did not i imagined that before by myself"; yours is certainly one of the top of the list.
You are certainly one of the favourites.

05 May 2005
Your concept was a hard one to tackle.. but you have presented it with a very impressive image and explainative composition...
There is little left for me to say but to apoligise to you for not being able to witness the final submitting period.

I know how many things you personally experimented and developed to your personal use and it is very hard to say anything but to compliment your results you have achieved through the process.

You have done your part wonderfully.. it is the entries job to impress the juri from here on!

BEST of luck!

Black

05 May 2005
Excelente Fantástico Misterioso

05 May 2005
Pasi, Stephan, Eric, smadar, Lombardo, Vedran - thank you so much all! And my best wishes for your own entries and upcoming adventures

Levent - Your words make me happy indeed I don't know what to say ... thanks you so much for your support and kindness throughout this and the best of luck to you!

Black - I'm so sorry that you didn't have the possibilites to finish your challenge - I understand how hopeless that might feel after spending so much efforts on it. Please finish it and upload to the gallery when done - I'll be there voting for you.
Thanks so much for your wishes and many thanks for your prescence here and in other threads - much appreciated by many of us (I think I can say safely) - wouldn't be surprised if you got one of the community awards
Hope to see you around and best of luck for everything!

Gregorio - muchas gracias ( I don't know spanish but I believe I guess the meaning here)

It's been a pleasure meeting you all here - hope to see you in another challenge

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

05 May 2005
It is impossible for me to not complete the work especially when beautiful people such as yourself are involved in supporting me so generously all the way...
But this is YOUR thread concerning your wonderful work and your fantastic idea Gunilla. I am honored to hear such words from some one as special as yourself. But plese do leave them aside and try to enjoy your own victory

What I have done yet was little more than selfishness as I simply hogged out the threads demanding attention
And for the community awards; I personally would vote that such a reward be removed. I believe it is one of the reasons for a great amount of flakey posts all through out... just to have some quantity on the number of posts. Those that are from the heart helping are already being generously rewarded.

Now back to you...
Unlike me you were very well planned, your energy was spread out and executed very wisely and not only did you finish you finished with a bang!
I am so happy for you!

Black

05 May 2005
Just a little hello girl... not a lot of time for me now... some rest and... but I'm always here and I very appreciate you kindness and all you kind words on my thread... now, this challenge is finish... then, I'm waiting the next one while waiting to once again share marvellous moments with you and all other challengers...

And to answered to Black about the Community Award... I don't know exactly how it is attributed... but I only hope is judged with the quality, the divide, the kindness with a part of technical and artistic implication... and not by the length or the number of posts...

05 May 2005
Originally Posted by BlackDidThis: Unlike me you were very well planned, your energy was spread out and executed very wisely and not only did you finish you finished with a bang!
I am so happy for you!

Thanks again for your very nice words, it makes me feel quite pleased

I think planning is crucial in long time projects - and if there's something I've learned the hard way it is to limit the level of ambition according to the time I have avaliable. I knew from the start that I was to have limited time for this, that's why I made a rather simple scene. Next time I might set my goal higher but this was perfect for the situation... glad you like it.

As for your thoughts on the community award, I think you're right - the interaction is rewarding in itself. I also agree it's strange to have it judged by the quantity of posts and not the quality, but in the end - the winners for the last challenge was IMO very well deserved so the public voting had the right effect.

It's been a pleasure meeting you Black and I'm sure we'll cross paths again in the future

Lemog - thanks for stopping by, always a pleasure to see you around. It's the same for me, the end for the challenge was perfect for me to catch up on some other work waiting - a series of medical illustrations...it's very different, but fun!

Quote: And to answered to Black about the Community Award... I don't know exactly how it is attributed... but I only hope is judged with the quality, the divide, the kindness with a part of technical and artistic implication... and not by the length or the number of posts...

And then of course, there are some that have both "the quality, the divide, the kindness with a part of technical and artistic implication" and a record of number of posts

Good luck and lets gather our strenghts and passion for the next coming challenges, and have a good time just as this, see you around

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

05 May 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread