3ds max render

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

4 Weeks Ago
3ds max render

Hello, i wanna asking for some great external render software for 3ds max, i long time use V-ray but i really not sure if is great for models what i do, i making cartoon characters and sometimes models characters for games, monsters and creatures, i think v-ray is focused for architectonical design, i really like render like the arnold for Maya, that is best for cartoon scenes. with 3ds max arnold i dont have any experiences and im looking for some sw what is great for both model types, i will glad for every advices. thanks

4 Weeks Ago
If you're working in games then a rendering software isn't very important since you're not really going to be using it. For example, I often use the default scanline renderer to bake normal maps because it can do it at a high quality very quickly, since it doesn't use advanced features.

4 Weeks Ago
Arnold is included with Max 2018+, and honestly Vray does everything you'll probably need, so if you have it there's no real need to switch... unless you have a specific feature or there's a certain look you're after. That may be more a question of the right shading/lighting but post any examples of what you want to achieve so we can help. Right now it's hard to suggest anything.

4 Weeks Ago
Scanline renderer is pretty good for the NPR stuff. There are other commercial solutions line PSOFT Pencil, finalToon and illustrate, but you really can go a very long way with the default scanline.

reply share thread