Truespace interface!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2003
"yuck" is kinda what I thought the first time I took a look at the LW interface.
I was a "it's gotta have an icon" guy at the time.

In fact if it were not for the price difference at the time i probably woulda bought maya rather than LW.
But, like I said.. ya get used to what you use I guess.
And after using LW for a while, I think it cured me of Iconidice.

However, whoever posted that pic was being dishonest if he is trying to convince people that this is what the Truespace interface looks like.
It doesnt.

04 April 2003
I like this:
Attached Images
File Type: gif 29468.gif (14.8 KB, 54 views)

04 April 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Chewey
it's ugly.

Lw is not exactly that beauty, the most important thing is if it works or not

04 April 2003
Lightwave isn't a distraction.
Truespace is embarassing, like being forced on a blind date with an ugly gal.

04 April 2003
First off, I haven't upgraded past tS4, but I've played with the demo of 5. I am also learning LW, and it seems that my use of tS has helped me better understand LW.

The tool bars are floatable, so you can place them anywhere, and I think you can even make your own toolbars. So you'll see lots of different interfaces. Some may be ugly, some may be pretty, some may be intuitive, others not, etc. I believe the layout this thread started with is niether pretty, intuitive, or even useful. Why the hell would one put ALL the tools in the middle anyway? It doesn't make sense, but maybe it works for this user. My point is merely that since they are floatable, this is not the standard tS layout, so seeing one image, without understanding what the tools are makes it kind of hard to judge whether it is a good interface.

As for the "Make Cool Car" button, well, I believe that's the object library tool, which brings up saved objects. (I assume you were kidding, but whatever) But I also believe the toolbar is all your libraries. The vertical tool bar is the rendering options toolbar. Basically, all the tools are kind of together, and you bring them up when you need them, and they're together.

The first thing I did with the tS5 demo is configure it to look like tS4 from the appearance (or whatever it's called) library. You can save your own layouts this way too.

The worst thing in my mind ever introduced to trueSpace were the 3d widgets though. I don't know if it's because I ever got used to them, or what, but I just plain don't like them.

04 April 2003
I miss old Caligari 24, the first real 3d software I used... It didn't have such horrid icons...

When I moved to PC, I started with truespace before going to lightwave, but the widgets and the changes to the FK/IK system finally made me quit...

And I miss Amiga format...

Thread Closed share thread