Short Film: Digital Glass & Set Extensions

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2004
Talking .Mov file

Cool, look forward to seeing the .mov file (very much)!

I will have a crack at getting a frame sometime soon. Keep your eye out on the web too if you can as will I. I don't know where to start with aquiring high res photos though.

Cheers. D

12 December 2004
Hey Darrell, you on MSN, ICQ or anything?

12 December 2004
Lightbulb Weird...

I was gonna ask the exact same thing... MSN!

D

Screen Name: Dazabrit

12 December 2004
Are you sure?

"Sorry! Dazabrit could not be added to your list becuase he or she does not have a .NET Passport,"

12 December 2004
Talking Passport using Yahoo!

Sorry, yeah.
I do have MSN, but I use Dazabrit@yahoo.co.uk instead of a Hotmail account.

D

12 December 2004
Thumbs up Deadline...

Howz it going Ross, I have been majorly busy but the hectic edit should be pretty much over tomorrow (taking a break anyway). I have got a good rough cut apart from our Intro which we will be working on tomorrow afternoon.

That means I can get involved with this again and help you out with finding some mattes and stuff for the backgrounds and so on...

The deadline for the film is January 8th if I haven't mentioned before so we are working to a quite tight schedule but it should be ok! How about you? Are you cool with that?

Cheers Ross.
Darrell

12 December 2004
Hey Darrell mate, good to hear things are going good. I'll catch you later on msn if you're on!

The good news is I've found a replacement matte and am pleased with the way it looks. I've also been looking at the reflection plates and how they match up with the main plate - this one's gonna require some fixing as theres some quite noticable head movement, which doesnt occur on the main plate.

Once I'm happy with the way things are, I'll start doing the final comp.

Later.

12 December 2004
Wink The Cool and Not So Cool!

Excellent news Ross... I thought we may have a problem with the reflection though. We did ask her to rehearse and copy her actions and it seemed ok when we were filming but It must be near impossible to get someone to do it twice perfectly. Our Video Assist was broken too so that didnt help... we couldnt monitor the bloody shots

I was knackered last night so didnt make it on to MSN. I'll catch up with you later.

Cheers Ross

12 December 2004
Unhappy Apologies to WizDoc

Hi there, just wanted to say sorry to WizDoc for not sending you a rushes DVD yet. I have been busy with editing and sound mixing and I just travelled home too for Xmas. My memory is awful at the mo - if you want I can still get the footage to you but I think it would be best if I found some way of doing it on the net. Luckily I have a 2Mb SDSL Broadband connection so I can get it online fairly easily, i seem to remember you saying you are alright the other end too.

Do you have some sort of FTP account setup?
I've said loads of times before that I am clueless when it comes to this so you might have to kick me into shape and tell me how to do it, ive looked around the net but I don't quite understand how the darn thing works...

Hope you are ok, merry xmas and all that good stuff.

Cheers.Darrell

PS: Howz the window comp comin along Ross?
I liked the lightning flashy stuff the other day, jus checkin in to see how its going.

01 January 2005
Hi.

I just got back from visiting my folks for Christmas/New Year. I read your post and ummm...

If the deadline is indeed January 8th, it's going to be really tight, especially when I don't have any of the material yet. So, how do you want to play this?

I have a pretty fast connection but with a cap on the total data amount for each 24 hour period, so shuttling the footage around, while feasible from the purely technical standpoint, won't happen in an instant. I was hoping to have the DVD waiting once I got back, but now it appears sending it over post won't definitely make it to the deadline as I have to send the finished material to you as well. Of course, I also need at least a day to do the actual work itself. Factor in the time needed to put the finished footage into the film, I'm not seeing this thing getting done by the January 8th.

So, unless you can extend the deadline somehow, then I can at least post the method how I put together the test comp with the low-res (and how I intended to do the actual comp). Comping by proxy isn't exactly the best way to do it, and the director won't probably be a happy camper, but at least you'll get something done with the shot and not have a greenscreen sticking out in the finished film.

01 January 2005
Talking The Drums of Heaven

Hi WizDoc, sorry about the DVD. It was just a case of bad timing, me rushing around working on different projects. I think I and another compositor in the UK are gonna have to finish these shots off. I appreciate all your help and advice on the project and I'll still credit you and send you a copy of the film.

I am busy in pre-prod on our next film so maybe we can get better organised and get you workin on that in some way. We film in March 2005 and it is about the Afghans and the Americans thinking they are both innocent parties of war.

We are going to be filming RAF helicopters in the UK and then comping them into different surroundings. It is going to be a challenging one but we have longer to figure everything out this time around.

Cheers.
Darrell

01 January 2005
It's cool. The project is the priority, not a single artist's need to get to "shine". I look forward to seeing the finished film.

And give me a holler when you need people working on that next project. I'd love to do something for it.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread