|05 May 2017|
Element QC Artist - Toronto
Since 2001, Legend has been utilizing some of the most talented artists and market leading technology. What began as an innovative Stereoscopic 3D Conversion and Visual Effects company, has grown into a pillar for cutting edge technology. Now with 150 employees in Southern California and 350 in Toronto, Legend offers full-scale VR and VFX creative, production, and post-production services – from concept to final color for major brands, studios, and agencies.
The Element QC Artist is part of the Elements team and responsible for the integration and optimization of VFX work provided by external vendors into the stereo pipeline. This individual must be familiar with advanced compositing concepts and VFX file generation. The ideal candidate has 1-3 years’ experience in media and entertainment industry.
The Element QC Artist reports to the Elements QC Lead for assignments
Element QC Artist's Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the quality of VFX packages sent from vendor and verify packages match ref and troubleshoot if -
- Optimize Nuke script for render performance by strategically baking down heavy portions of the script
- Respond to Compositing department’s requests for help with technical issues related to VFX vendor packages
- Communicate with Creative and Technical teams throughout the pipeline to ensure efficient throughput of the VFX element packages
- Analyze and render non-Nuke VFX projects and packages into elements and rebuild the shot in Nuke
Education and Experience:
- Solid comprehension of advanced compositing concepts and Nuke in media and entertainment industry is required
- Preferred proficiency in other compositing software including After Effects, Eyeon/Black Magic Fusion
- Basic understanding of Nuke expressions and Nuke’s Python API
- Critical thinker with the ability to analyze and solve problems independently and/or with team.
- Available to support production deadlines, including project overlaps, tight deadlines and weekend work
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently
- Adaptable to changes in project scope and requirements
- Must be able to remain seated in a stationary position for the majority of a shift (up to 90%).
- Must be able to use hands/fingers to operate a computer and other office machinery.
- Will be working in a low-lit environment and may be subject to eye strain.
*Legend 3D is an equal opportunity employer.
|reply share thread|