Emilio at work

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
Emilio at work

Hi, thanks for this space. I'd like to have some point of views on this finished work. It wasn't accepted to the 2d member showcase, so it's very important for me to have some comments or critics. Thanks.

This is a scene of a short graphic novel that I wrote.
I used ArtRage software and Fujitsu Lifebook T900 hardware.
It is a personal work.

" It's almost evening, Emilio is ending his workday, but he must put a giant gun in safety. It's a assault weapon, equipped with 8 different options of fire. It's a Multi hoverGun of second generation, it is powered by a nuclear reactor,..."

Andrea

11 November 2012
What kind of environment is this? Is that supposed to be sky or space in the background? (The fact I can't tell is a big problem.)

11 November 2012
Thanks for the comment. My idea was to create a surreal environment, where it was not clear if it was the planet earth (with the atmosphere, lithosphere and living organisms transformed from the consequences of a destructive and contaminate war) or another planet. In this work, I was quite influenced by the works of Moebius.

Andrea

11 November 2012
When you have a visual narrative you want to convey, you must know exactly what it is you want your audience to understand and feel, and then do everything you can to achieve that goal. What you described from the scene is not conveyed at all in your image. If I didn't read that text description, I would not have understood anything about the narrative. As a visual storyteller, your narrative must have a point--something that's compelling and interesting enough for the audience to want to pay attention to it. It's just like how a movie or a book must have an interesting plot or character development or compelling mood and ideas. So think about this scene you want to convey and ask yourself what is compelling about it, and why the audience should care, and then make sure you visually convey the most compelling aspect about this narrative.

12 December 2012
Thanks very much for your time to help me. I think that I've understood what you tell in the post, and I will try to improve in the next work!
bye

Andrea

12 December 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread