DragRect + Alpha

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2012
Question DragRect + Alpha

I have a quick question regarding DragRect. If I DragRect an alpha shape on a plane (pushing down with the shape of the alpha) and I want to move that alpha around to place it somewhere else, how would I go about moving the Alpha?

04 April 2012
It can't be done unless you're in projection master mode. In PM mode you can drag your alpha and switch to move. You will get a gizmo appear which can be used to position your stroke.

04 April 2012
Thank you musashidan! That's what I was looking for One more quick question, how would I go back to any of the objects or alphas I place just in case I want to move or scale?

Last edited by Darkliquid : 04 April 2012 at 06:51 PM.

04 April 2012
You can't. Once you pick up the tool from projection master the detail is baked. You can, however, use a combination of morph target and layering to gain much greater control.

04 April 2012
In Zbrush 4 R3, you can now move a mask by pressing the spacebar.

Example:

Select the Mask Rectangle brush.
Select an alpha, say the STAR alpha.
Press CTRL to drag out the star mask.
Without releasing the CTRL button, press SPACEBAR, and yu can reposition the mask.
Release the SPACEBAR ONLY and you can resize the mask.

This way you can lay down many mask shapes and then inflate or deflate as desired.

Be careful though, as the drag rect mask brush places masks across both sides of an object.

04 April 2012
Hey vincent1,

I'm running ZB4R2B, might as well upgrade so I can do that, Thank you for the heads up

04 April 2012
Take note however that this is just a masking technique and won't give you the true dragrect strokes.

04 April 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread