Abduction, Steven Hägg-Ståhlberg (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2007
Originally Posted by Stahlberg: Yeah, but my thought was, he's looking up at the flying saucer, up at the open porthole where the beam is coming from...

I didn't understand the image at first and went through the thread for more description. I think the beam coming from the top is a bit too subtle right now. There is a slot of stuff happening below that it almost seemed out of place that the guy was looking up and not at the girl. I think this image would make more sense as a sequence than as a snapshot.

Your photo shoot images are very clever. Looks like a lot of effort went into getting the right reference images.

02 February 2007
Thumbs up This is great!

Woooow! It's very good! water is very cool! Nice work.

02 February 2007
Thumbs up

From the thumbnail I had the presupposition that she was in water herself. I clicked on the large view and it was amazing. She was not swimming down but being pulled up! Her anger and shock at her companion's indifference; his fascination with the source of the beam, disbelief, and lack of thought for the woman - it's all brilliant.

I thought perhaps the beam was pulling her up at random point (in her case, her feet, in the shadowy form in the distance it seems one leg is the focal point of the beam's power) and I can see her muscles straining and fighting against it. Showing muscles straining against an intangible obstacle is not easy. I thought the beam was also disturbing lightweight things around her, causing drops of water to rise off the skin and into the air, causing her hair to be pulled back, the man's necklace, the glasses - the tiny umbrellas! - and the disruption in the water really showed this. I particularly like the lighting and greenish transparent look of the water in the pool.

In fact, the lighting and the colour in general is spot on. The details are just right to add character and individuality to the scene without being overwhelming. The red in the plants by the pool, his necklace, the cigarette, the sky... - perfect.

It is a wonderful painting. Thank you for posting the photographic references. It really showed that it takes a lot of imagination and skill to turn simple references into a dynamic painting.

I would post any crit if I had one, but I'd have to make up anything negative and that's just silly. 5 stars from me.

03 March 2007
great work sirrrrrrrrrr........

03 March 2007
Great concept fantastic work keep it up

07 July 2007
This is extremely superb work man. This piece i'd definatly love to have in my living room. The whole atmosphere in this piece is just insanely mad drawn.

07 July 2007
Thumbs up

hmmm

he is not looking at the girl, because of the intense light coming from top.
he is also shocked by the strange sounds coming from the UFO. otherwise it would be stupid to look at the girl and not trying to reach her. it would be like "The great reaching each other" - banal soap opera story.
i really like it this way. more like "WTF?!?!?"....and looking right into the source, forgetting about his chick, loosing his mind etc. ..

its some kind of (bullet time) effect.
while the girl is flyin with the speed of light, he stood still like a stone. in the area near the beam the time has almost stopped. just to prevent the outsiders from helping the victims

just a brilliant piece
love it

Last edited by Shurikenji : 07 July 2007 at 04:45 PM.

08 August 2007
Thumbs up

very funny story, and great skill!

08 August 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread