Suggestions for fast motion blur render

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

07 July 2017
Suggestions for fast motion blur render

A little side project I'm working on:*http://rikof.cgsociety.org/art/vine...aeronef-1756915
I was hoping once this was ready to add some motion blur to it. But using the Physical render of Cinema 4D I get atrocious render times *so I was hoping someone here had any tips how to speed things up. I do not have AE, a many times suggested solution for this.

Thank you in advance!

07 July 2017
93 views and no one has any idea's how to speed up motion blur in C4D?

Guess I'm doomed then.*

07 July 2017
That is a very simple scene you should not get too much of a hit in render times (except you have a very very slow machine). Maybe your render settings are not optimized? For that we would need them as a screenshot or so...it is hard to help without further information

Maybe this helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjyiKN3jSkI

Last edited by ceen : 07 July 2017 at 10:06 AM.

07 July 2017
Originally Posted by Rikof: 93 views and no one has any idea's how to speed up motion blur in C4D?

Guess I'm doomed then.*

Not all of those are people. Some of that is going to be web crawlers and search engine indexing.

That being said, most people do motion blur in post. It's BY FAR the preferred workflow.

If you don't have AE, what do you use for compositing? There should be an equivalent tool in what you do use. If you don't use anything, why not?!?! After Effects is only, what, $29 a month? That's nothing compared to purchasing Cinema 4D. But, if you're just doing compositing, why not use Fusion? It's free!

07 July 2017
Looks like the ship's already in motion ... with the jets needing some turbulence
heat distortion and some camera shake.*

Here's a AE tut for that: *https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMbjUTwNIdk

07 July 2017
Thanks for the reply people!

Ceen, thank you, I look into that!

Michael, I only use an old Photoshop CS6 and the only blur there I can think of blurs in 2 directions <->. As for AE well…. Adobe’s subscription only plan is not something I like, at all.
But Fusion is a good suggestion, haven’t looked into that at all as I had no idea it was free!

Vid2k2, thanks for the tip but AE you know…

reply share thread