Looking for Opinions on my work

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

04 April 2018
Looking for Opinions on my work

Hello all, I'm a games technology student studying at university and have recently taken up Zbrush. As part of my work, I have to learn professional techniques and show my work to professionals (you guys). I'm not sure of the rules here but, i'll upload some images to view. All feedback is welcome and encouraged.

I Present 'Bird-man', he hasn't been textured yet as i'm still unsure what technique i'll use for that.

There is also this creature, which is only its top half, the other will be connected to a spider like body.

Thanks for your time.

04 April 2018
Both sculpts look pretty good so far.

With Birdman, I have two little crits:

- The torso is a bit a narrow. This, coupled with the wide, curvy hips gives Birdman's lower body a female-anatomy kind of vibe (its almost like the top of your character is male, and the lower half more female). If this character is male, I would either make the torso a bit wider, and make the hip section a bit narrower (and the leg muscles a bit thinner), or create a better transition going down from torso to hip, so the character looks male throughout. The very strong upper leg musculature also impacts how the character's arms appear in comparison. I feel like with these legs, the character's upper arms are a bit too short. Larger and more rounded chest muscles would also make the character more alpha-male looking. The chest musculature is currently more younger adult-male than older adult-male

- The feet look too flat and cartoony to my eyes, while the rest of the sculpt is fairly realistic. I realize these are bird's feet, but I would work on the transition area between the top of the foot and the front of the ankle. The 90 degree bend going from ankle area to the top of the feet does not look quite right to my eyes. You also have a very short claw coming out of the heel of the foot, which seems a bit too short for the character to stand on without tipping backwards. It could be the angle of that screenshot though.

Good sculpts though. Keep going.

04 April 2018
I agree with skeebertus about the feet, my thought are the toes are disproportional to the foot which is off from the body. the rest of it I like.

reply share thread