Introducing Microsoft Surface Hub 2

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

1 Week Ago
Introducing Microsoft Surface Hub 2

Turn any space into a teamwork space. Built for teams to work seamlessly together wherever they are, it scales and adapts to any space. Say hello to Surface Hub 2, coming in 2019.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_...5&v=7DbslbKsQSk
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

1 Week Ago
This appears to be tied into the Microsoft Cloud in various ways - Office 365 and so on. Not surprising. MS can't let go of its current cloud obsession.

Would I communicate any kind of sensitive business information over an MS operated cloud service? The answer is no. Not gonna happen.

The Japanese electronics giants do it right. Sensitive information is never electronically messaged, emailed or even faxed from one office to the other.

They write the information on paper, seal the document, and have company motorbike couriers drive the documents to whatever location they are intended for.

I honestly can't see anybody who designs multi-million dollar products or similar using something like this. Everybody is too afraid that the designs will leak or get stolen.

1 Week Ago
It looks ideal for collaborative educational and training. I wonder how much it will cost?

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by Dillster: It looks ideal for collaborative educational and training. I wonder how much it will cost?

According to The Register,

55-inch model will be $8,999 MSRP
84-inch model will be $12,999 MSRP

Clearly priced for companies, not students. Well, yes, I understand that there are students with deep pockets or parents with deep pockets, but you get the idea.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by skeebertus: This appears to be tied into the Microsoft Cloud in various ways - Office 365 and so on. Not surprising. MS can't let go of its current cloud obsession.

Would I communicate any kind of sensitive business information over an MS operated cloud service? The answer is no. Not gonna happen.

The Japanese electronics giants do it right. Sensitive information is never electronically messaged, emailed or even faxed from one office to the other.

They write the information on paper, seal the document, and have company motorbike couriers drive the documents to whatever location they are intended for.

I honestly can't see anybody who designs multi-million dollar products or similar using something like this. Everybody is too afraid that the designs will leak or get stolen.
Good for them. A very smart way of going about that and others should strongly consider the same methods.

reply share thread