illustration for childrens book

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

02 February 2018
illustration for childrens book

Hi.

I drew a line art in pencil ,scanned it in and coloured in photoshop. i was going for a more strong line and graphic colour approach but have ended up with this and not that happy. any ideas?

02 February 2018
May I ask what is the subject or idea you are trying to show in your illustration? Right now, I am not clear on which chararacter is the main focal point.

06 June 2018
You could leave this one alone or work another 30 hours on it. I see a lot of potential in this and it leaves me hoping you will post more often and keep pushing yourself!

There are a lot of interesting, cute and fun things happening but many things feel individual still in the image, the trees on the left for example rather than blending in are standing out a bit. Love the small dash of yellow sunlight on the bridge post. color palete is nice in my opinion.

One thing that would help that is making things feel a bit detached is the line of sight. the cat and the girl are looking at camera the boy is looking down. They are all composited in a triangle so if you were to change the line of sight so the squirell is looking at the cat, the cat is looking at the girl and the girl is looking at the boy you move the eye through the piece in a way that ties them together.

It feels like you had fun drawing it so I hope to see you start a sketchbook thread here and keep it updated so we can check in on your progress because this is great work.

reply share thread