What drives you, why do you love cg?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2005   #31
I do CG...well basically because it came a lot easier for me than painting or drawing ever did. it was only after working on cg stuff that i was able to see things are shades and shapes... it is also condusive to the ADD nature i have

Old 06 June 2005   #32
Originally Posted by JeffB: I use CG because it pays the bills.

Jeffrey Baker
Dancing Bear Graphics, Inc.

Well that's a new one. Never heard of that happening.
modelling practice #1

Old 06 June 2005   #33
oi, yeah, it Makes me pay the bills...

Old 06 June 2005   #34
In CG it is possible to make fancier creations of art with less effort and time. And it is easier t modify. And if modified, it is possible to keep the original and modify in many different ways.

I used to be really awestruck by neat Flash pages. Then I learned how they do it, and I'm just like, meh, whatever. I fiddle in flash here and there. The ones I'm referring to are artistically set up in the animation, or interface or whatever. FlashForward type of stuff.

And Next on the list is CGTalk type stuff. This I do not have the ability to do yet. So I am still dazzled by the stuff on this site. I began looking at stuff in Spectrum, then a few desgn studios' books in Borders, MetalHeart and such. Dave McKean -etc, then I discovered this site and it's on my life's to-do list.

Old 06 June 2005   #35
cg arts have many advantages already mentioned in the posts above.

also one good advantage of computer graphics is, that you get much of the the lighting stuff for free (well..in 3d at least), if you are technically skilled.
it is far more complicated to try different lighting setups in a classic painting. it all has to be planned before, when you are painting in real.

also the whole scene is far more communicative and "free" than the classics.
the people are modern not because they do abstract arts, but they are free to do whatever they want...
in modern cg there is a big tendencie to choose motives that are kinda unusual and surreal or fictive, but not abstract! perhaps it is more naive or symbolic in some way. but this is accepted by every cg artist.

you can do whatever you want, and you always get accepted. no matter if you do classic motives fiction or any other stuff. all people love nearly all motives, when they are well done!!!

cg is what we always thought to be the future, because its is highly technically demanding concerning the software. and the communication is advanced.
- so you are struggling with high tech all day! and the way we all communicate is so overwhelming. in no time of mankind thinking, so many people who love the same thing, were able to exchange to each other (was this spelled right?)

cg is so lovely, the community all over the web is so amazing

Blog

Last edited by aphexx : 06 June 2005 at 07:20 PM.

Old 06 June 2005   #36
Originally Posted by -NG-: For me there's one main reason, i do it because i now have something to put my imagination in, a kind of a exhaust. I'm a dreamer and sometimes i get washed away in my own worlds. Thanks to CGI i now have a place to make bring those "worlds and ideas" to live.

The same thing goes with me too i also love CG cause it's more convenient compared to traditional media. I mean,you have millions of colours to use,no paint-buying is necessary and you can edit your picture;crop,resize,erase however you like,and the canvas never gets worse.

-My Webpage-

- My GFXartist account -
- My DeviantART account - (Away temporarily)

Old 06 June 2005   #37
well, it's all about the timeline for me.
25 frames per sec! it takes time in old traditional way

these days you think "undo" when you do it the "analog" way...

Old 06 June 2005   #38
two words... undo button

Old 06 June 2005   #39
Thumbs up reply

cg is better because of speed and the ability to make changes/editing easier than the traditional media. For instance if you are painting a canvas using oil or pastel, if a client ask you to make major changes when you are already fininshed with the artwork; it would be difficult to make some changes but that is not a problem with cg as editing can be done in a matter of minutes and not days.

Old 06 June 2005   #40
I wouldn't say I "love cg" it's just another tool to use where it seems appropriate.

I got over the "wow! cool technology!" thing pretty quickly and now the main reason I use it is because large scale painting isn't really practical in a 1-bedroom flat.

Oh and not having to stink the flat out with funky chemical smells is nice too..

-Steve

Old 06 June 2005   #41
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread