CGTalk > WIP > WIP/Critique: 3D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Old 10-04-2012, 05:45 AM   #91
Dennis Kaya Iversholt
Viborg, Denmark
Send a message via MSN to Latter

Zokana, thanks. I'll work a bit more on the reflections in the road... and I like the idea of dark clouds in the background and a brighter forground
James Dean does look a bit small...

PKD. Thanks... I hope I'll be able to get James dean right then

kiboSVK, Thanks

Argon18, good suggestions. Thanks. Ill add fog and smoke in photoshop later. The top of the buildings do look a bit too bright. I'll see if I can make them a bit darker.

ACantarel, great idea. I've added antennas and lightning rods to my scene (I havent made a proper test render yet) and I'll definetely see if I can make the top of the buildings more uneven and random as you suggested

I've spent some time James Dean. I've tried getting the hair style more like Zokana suggested a while back. I still need to make some adjustments though.
I hope I'll be able to render my final picture in a few weeks.

A quick test:

Old 10-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #92
Lord of the posts
Zoltan Kanabe
Zurich, Switzerland
James looks good! Add some hair gel (to get the hair more messy, more stylish) and reduce that bulge next to the corner of the mouth just slightly, and you have it. Oh and maybe the chin, looking a bit ‘square’ - i’d try to get the sides of the chin somewhat smoother.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #93
asdasd adsasd
Kiev, Ukraine
The central area started looking too busy. I would think how to organize it, so t does not create the overall clutter effect. The pavement looks too uniformly reflective, and the asphalt could be more reflective in places with pools, though mayb4 you have more uniform roads than we do.
Other areas look well-organized. And good work.

I think you should check with the character, and maybe just reduce some lights in the center, and add some more directional lights for the character in end to unite the picture.

Last edited by mister3d : 10-04-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #94
kadeg boucher
CG stuff maker
Send a message via MSN to KaDDD

Thumbs up

really cool thread , very good work flow , and cool rendering , can wait for see the final
best regards
France and around the world
Old 11-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #95
Dennis Kaya Iversholt
Viborg, Denmark
Send a message via MSN to Latter

Zokana, thanks again. Ive tried making the changes you suggested and posted the final image in the gallery Thanks for your great help throughout the project!

mister3d, thanks for your suggestions. I think you are right that the area mentioned is a bit too cluttered and bright. I wish I had fixed it a bit earlier in the project. I've tried fixing the road and the sidewalk material for the final picture.

KaDDD, thanks for your support.

The final picture can be seen here:

Remember to click on the link to the highres version
Old 11-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #96
Robert Alvord
As I mentioned before, great shot! I suggest making the guy a bit shorter, though, as he seems out of scale for the scene.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:58 PM   #97
Henry Pashkov
Taganrog, Russia
Send a message via ICQ to Strannik
very interesting work
My CV is you can look at this link
Old 11-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #98
Winnipeg, Canada
Thanks for the response. Didn't know to use a glossiness map for wet roads. Been trying to use a reflectivity map. Not getting the effect I want. Helpful. The final render looks awesome. Love the lighting and sky area and everything. Good work.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #99
Harj Samra
Amazing end image and loved the WIP updates
Old 02-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #100
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread