DDD Daily Art

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

4 Days Ago
very good! I am a technical man. Is there a connection missing far right? Arm that pivots on joint or whats it like. Maybe add some grease nipples or and few hydraulic lines
Is this all detailwork modelled or using bump or displacement maps ?

3 Days Ago
Originally Posted by ratrod: very good! I am a technical man. Is there a connection missing far right? Arm that pivots on joint or whats it like. Maybe add some grease nipples or and few hydraulic lines
Is this all detailwork modelled or using bump or displacement maps ?

Thanks a lot! There is a connection that is symmetrical to the one on the left but unfortunately is hidden behind the other piece (image the left connection rotated 90 degrees).
All the details are modelled (I use Fusion 360) and soon I'll release a pack of some of this pieces as FBX ready to be used for other projects.
Hydraulic lines are a good idea, I'll work on it!

---

Day 167 - PISTON_2

2 Days Ago
What kind of machinepart will it be, or is it just mechanical art? Looks like it could work in real life. Do you have some sort of noise on shaders in there? So all the fine lined edges are modelled in? I do not know about fusion360

2 Days Ago
Originally Posted by ratrod: What kind of machinepart will it be, or is it just mechanical art? Looks like it could work in real life. Do you have some sort of noise on shaders in there? So all the fine lined edges are modelled in? I do not know about fusion360

The library will be composed of pistons, joints, caps and other parts (in the future) like walls, floors, panels...
For example this is a screenshot of some of my joints.

With a library like this you can combine what you prefer and make all that you can image. All the models have correct pivots for rotations/moves and all the details are modelled (so you don't need textures like normal or bump). I don't know if they are physically correct, I'm not an engineer but I love this world and I use a lot of references to make something that could work. The interesting thing is that all these models can be printed because Fusion 360 is a CAD software (by Autodesk and free) and it would be nice to try.I hope you like this project!
The noise is added to the renders in post production with Photoshop.

---

Day 169 - JOINT_2

reply share thread