CGTalk > Techniques > Anatomy and Figurative Art > Personal Anatomy & Sketchbook Threads
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 12-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #16
PollyBoffin
Veteran

portfolio
Terése Brus
Cleaning lady
Sweden

Next lady sketch is done. I decided to try do some full body sketches and not just portraits. I'm satisfied with the outcome of this sketch (but I had to use three guidelines to pull it off :( ), and I've realized that I'm extremely...weak, when it comes to proportions and angles, especially in the face. I must practice my butt off to get close to my goal. I mean, I knew that I needed to practice a lot, but I didn't realize exactly how bad it was. :P

Gorgeous stock photo this time, from DeviantArt, `Faestock, and this is the reference used, snow3.

Since I like this picture so much, I'll do either a value practice or a painting practice out of it (and I'm going to simplify that dress so friggin much you'll barely be able to recognize it XD ).

Old 12-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #17
PollyBoffin
Veteran

portfolio
Terése Brus
Cleaning lady
Sweden

And I'm here again! But this time with a value practice/ WIP. On this picture I decided to do the value practice from start, so no lineart/sketch on this one, and no guidelines. I'm hoping doing some pictures like this may aid me in my quest for developing my eye for proportions and angles, among other things.

So far, it's very fun painting this picture, but I know the tune will change when I start focusing on the details. XD

Stock photo from DeviantArt, NastiaOsipovaStock , and here's the reference, 78.

Any input is appreciated!

Old 12-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #18
lauder
Veteran
portfolio
Leudemar Lima
São Paulo, Brazil

You got skills!

Seeing you draw like this makes me want to practice more and more!

Old 12-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #19
PollyBoffin
Veteran

portfolio
Terése Brus
Cleaning lady
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauder

You got skills!

Seeing you draw like this makes me want to practice more and more!

That's very kind of you to say and I'm glad that I can inspire someone to practice too.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:23 AM   #20
PollyBoffin
Veteran

portfolio
Terése Brus
Cleaning lady
Sweden

Just a quick update to the lady in the pond before it's time to go to bed. It's time to start on the details I think (and time to get frustrated). I still think it's fun to paint this picture, and I hope this positive feeling will last. Still no guidelines used so I feel really good about myself.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #21
PollyBoffin
Veteran

portfolio
Terése Brus
Cleaning lady
Sweden

Nother update! I've started refining the details now, still far from done, and I still like it and feel it's funny to paint.

Ref (in case you're too lazy to click it on the first post of this lady), 78

I can see some wonkyness, that will be dealt with tomorrow.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #22
PollyBoffin
Veteran

portfolio
Terése Brus
Cleaning lady
Sweden

I realized today that since I started drawing again, I haven't just doodled for the sake of doodling. So, here are some random doodles (no refs used):

Old 12-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #23
PollyBoffin
Veteran

portfolio
Terése Brus
Cleaning lady
Sweden

I've started doing some figure drawing, which I've never done before. I thought I was at a more advanced level than these exercises, but man was I wrong! I totally suck at it! The amount of TIME I've spent on these seemingly easy exercises is darn embarrassing (the entire day, more or less, had a wee bit of QI-marathon in between)...

Anyway, here are my Loomis studies plus a minor update on my value practice:

Old 12-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #24
PollyBoffin
Veteran

portfolio
Terése Brus
Cleaning lady
Sweden

More Loomis. I'll start on doing some manikins of my own now, and not just copy those in the book. I'll try to do a bunch everyday, just to see if it'll help loosen up my drawing somewhat (it has a tendency of looking stiff and boring):

And here's a horrible attempt at some life study. God I suck! I'm trying to paint a picture of one of my orchids, and it's just awful. I really can't use colours at all... So, more basic work, like a year or two, before I attempt something like this again. :P

Old 12-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #25
lauder
Veteran
portfolio
Leudemar Lima
São Paulo, Brazil

Wink

Awesome !!

Old 12-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #26
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread