Old 03-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
Snake Eyess
Mecha Pilot
Carl Visagie
3D Animator/Designer
Cape Town, South Africa
Toothbrush modeling Questions

Busy making a Toothbrush
All the modeling is done, just have need of a few suggestions or tips on texturing.

From those 2 references,
As I assume the white section is more of a rubber like surface. was wondering if I should make 2 separate parts for the body (for the white and blue sections) or should I set it up with 2 different IDs (multi/sub-object) or should I just texture it somehow...

the 4 "button" parts are separate objects

also the handle near the bottom has some kind of pattern on it... should I model that in with a slightly raised area and then make a different ID for it? or should I make it with mask and just texture it?

also for the back of the head, that green line, should I just texture map it in or model it in and use IDs

one other thing... I have modeled the bristles using splines with a render thickness, but not getting alot of randomness in the bristles.
Question is should I spend some time modeling in the randomness or should I just re-create the bristles using hair/fur.

also... which will behave better?

Rendering all this in mental ray so maybe that also needs to be taken into account.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread