CGTalk > Techniques > Anatomy and Figurative Art > Personal Anatomy & Sketchbook Threads
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 07-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #16
Tasp
Apprentice / Tyro

portfolio
Andrew Guagliardo
Honolulu, USA

It's a bit hard to critique what you have so far. You mentioned yourself it was a work in progress and from what I can see it has a long way to go. If you would like some critique this is what I think needs work-

If you are planning on doing a bust along with the chest I'd suggest adding the shoulders. The breasts need their nipples so we can properly read which way they are facing. The forehead on the left side seems like it is being pushed under the hair instead of the hair laying over it. The cheeks are bulging quite a bit, giving her a look like she has her mouth full of something or is blowing out her cheeks on purpose.

My Sketchbook

Old 07-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #17
AbuAmir
Veteran

portfolio
Abu Amir Karim
none
Rabat, Morocco

Thank you Tasp. It is exactly what I was expecting - some feed-back good enough to see which way this drawing should go. Thanks again for your advices.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #18
AbuAmir
Veteran

portfolio
Abu Amir Karim
none
Rabat, Morocco

This is the digitally painted WIP (traditionally inked) of a quick sketch i posted at http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...364#post6598364 .

Old 07-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #19
AbuAmir
Veteran

portfolio
Abu Amir Karim
none
Rabat, Morocco

Here are 2 old stuff of mine (old means around 1995). I hope you'll like it because at that time I enjoyed a lot to draw them. Made only in traditional media.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #20
AbuAmir
Veteran

portfolio
Abu Amir Karim
none
Rabat, Morocco

Back again

I was absent quite a time. I'm back with the wip for a challenge on another site. Crits are welcome. The battle have as subject the confrontation between 2 organic entities (at least 80% organic). No mounts or companions are allowed.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:18 AM   #21
mehsan2112
portfolio
Moneer
Tehran, Iran

Wow that last one of the "battle" is a really good improvement on your first works that you posted! I'm pleasantly surprised.

I think that it looks promising.

One note, you said that it is your hobby, but in my opinion until you don't take it seriously you'll never really learn much or improve well. I mean, it's really a science and imagination together.

I used to struggle so much with hair, still do. It looked like a plate of spaghetti, or like a birds nest. Disgusting and always disappointed me. But yesterday I finally realized the problem is that I'm not patient enough or dedicated enough. In all those years I didn't realize that hair takes HOURS of work. HOURS and HOURS. So, you have to spend lots of time on it building it up slowly and with delicate attention.

But then again if you want to do cartoon style you don't need to do that, but if you are after realism then you probably will.

Hope that helps, Good luck Abu.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:18 AM   #22
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread