You know you've made it when people start pirating your products.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
You know you've made it when people start pirating your products.

I took a look at my site traffic the other day and noticed a huge spike. So I did some searching and found my shaders were being pirated.

I gotta say, it feels good to be noticed!

I don't count it as a loss of sales because those people were never going to buy it anyway, it is just funny to me.

I went to the forum and posted this

Quote: Glad to hear people are enjoying the product! In honor of the increased interest, I have discounted the Master Collection by 50%!

If you want to pay with Paypal, you can checkout as normal. But if you want to use Google Checkout, enter the coupon code "thanks" at the checkout.

If you can afford it, it would be great if you could help me out. If not, I understand!

Thanks!

Last edited by sk8pmp : 01 January 2013 at 11:13 PM.

Old 01 January 2013   #2
While you're posting this complaint, what's your website? At least put it in your sig or info so we can go there and see how awesome your shaders are that people are pirating!

Old 01 January 2013   #3
I edited my signature but it's not showing up.

My site is www.jordanmontreuil.com

Old 01 January 2013   #4
I think now you've had your work stolen... you have arrived. Welcome to the Fraternity.

Lloyd Harvey
Twitter Me
www.lloydharvey.co.uk
www.oniworld.co.uk

Old 01 January 2013   #5
First, I never had heard of your shaders, but being a C4D user, they do look great...

And rather cheap if I may say. I'm not quite getting why people would pirate a 5 dollar shader pack, especially when you give out free samples to start with...

Great reel also, except for the "Walnut" floating part which looked quite weak compared to the rest.

Old 01 January 2013   #6
Those are some great looking shaders you got there, and cheap too!

I would not worry to much about the pirating thing, there are some rotten eggs there but not all of them are like that, many actually buy the stuff they downloaded after using it for a while and seeing it's value and usability. See them as your customers to be instead of a threat and you got more to gain.

/ Magnus

Old 01 January 2013   #7
Yeah, nice shaders and and I like your reel. The Tribe music gives a nice touch too.

Old 01 January 2013   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread