how to add output nodes to the node editor?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
how to add output nodes to the node editor?

I have a curveShape with a curveInfo Node attached to it. How i get this output node into the node editor?

Old 01 January 2013   #2
Assuming you have middle mouse dragged it into the node editor and it still doesnt work, it may be one of those nodes that are hidden. You can change this by going into the node editor panel drop down menu. I cant remember which one but have a dig around its there. You basically bring up the window and click on the desired nodes you want to make visible then remove it from the invisible list.

Old 01 January 2013   #3
Thanks Jeremy,

of course i first looked at node editor menus first but still havent found it. The only way i found of showing an existing output node is to open the hypergraph connections and drag it from there.

Another thing is to get rid of these nodes. Is there really no other way than to delete these nodes in the hypergraph?

Old 01 January 2013   #4
Show > Auxiliary nodes will bring up the editor. Also you can drag new nodes from the outliner to the node editor using middle mouse, if they arent showing up in the outliner, turn off "Show DAG only" in the display menu.

Get rid of the nodes? Deleting from the editors or outliner is the standard method, you can also delete unused nodes from one of the hypershade menus < quite handy that one.

Old 01 January 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread