Sketchbook Thread of DiM

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2008   #151
i wish that someday i will go there and see the Academy of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg and in Kijów- that's a real school of art for me! Pozdrawiam!

Old 05 May 2008   #152
The Academy of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg is really great school if you want working when "oil painter" or "sculptor", but for other art profession all people arround me speak about Schtiglitz's Academy of Fine Arts and Designe (Mucha), but i work in biggest in Europe jeweleri compani and many my colleagues studied there.

DiM's Sketchbook
azamandius.livejournal.com

Old 07 July 2008   #153
Today i had half hour for small picture. This fanart for one old good soviet film. I reviewed this two week ago. But i painted withaut repherenses. Only memory.

DiM's Sketchbook

Last edited by DiM : 07 July 2009 at 02:26 PM.

Old 07 July 2009   #154
This speed sketch i started when sitting in microautobus today morning. And 20 minut in photoshop speed paint,

DiM's Sketchbook

Old 07 July 2009   #155
Hi DiM

Long time since my last visit, exciting to see your speed sketches
The one from the soviet film above reminds me of John Voigt from Runaway Train -
it's a great movie, even though I know it's not the film or actor (?) you were inspired by, but something in the expression in his eyes made me think of that film

Great to be able to do speed sketches on laptop (assuming you're not carting a desktop around ) on public transport

Your tired 'junior' has a lovely quality about him!

cheers and take care
a.

Old 07 July 2009   #156
Hi!
Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately for the pictures are always a bit of time. "Runaway Train" has a direct bearing on the composition of the frame.
His shot Andron Konchalovsky's brother Nikita Mikhalkov.
But this film by Nikita Mikhalkov "In his strange, a stranger among his" seems withdrawn in 1974.
In public transport, I draw with pencil and paper. Laptop table served. Then, simply redraw again. 8-))

DiM's Sketchbook

Old 07 July 2009   #157
Hi DiM

Sorry about my confusion with your laptop - Even better to be drawing on paper on bus and thanks for the fascinating film associations... I've only seen 'Burnt by the Sun' by Mikhalkov (which I liked), I'd like to see more Russian movies

cheers
a.

Old 07 July 2009   #158
Hi, Anetta! I like make sketches on transport because i disgust drive at car ! I am seen 'Burnt by the Sun' too but i am dislike this film becouse Michalkov started made politics. It is not best his film.
View this film with englich subtitle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiAlFkw1EOU It is more best!

DiM's Sketchbook

Old 08 August 2009   #159
Speed tablet testing after reinstall driver

DiM's Sketchbook

Old 08 August 2009   #160
Hi DiM

I watched the YouTube clip from Nikita Mikhalkov's film, interesting, thanks for posting it, I should watch the whole movie and not just a snippet

This last speed sketch painting, to me, looks like an Aboriginal (Australian native) spear thrower... I guess the spear throwing is right, but forgive me if I'm jumping around too much with associations .

Hope all is good and well your end
cheers
a

Old 08 August 2009   #161
Hi Anette!
Strange. There there were all parts of film, and not just a fragment 8)).

When I drew I too have thought about australian natives, but on time was not 8-)).
My son likes movies from national geographic and other satellit channel and particularly about the hunting of crocodiles 8-)). Sometimes I look with it.
Today in lunchbreak i started still a sketch .in the imitation traditional Chinese style for Newyear greetingcard, but i used photoreference becouse my boss selected this photo 8-((.
It certainly looks like a watercolor. But this is the first attempt.

DiM's Sketchbook

Old 08 August 2009   #162
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread