Floor generator and multi texture

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 02 February 2017   #1
Floor generator and multi texture

Hi,

Have fallen for Modo and are trying to get some things to work for me. First off I am trying to get a floor generator workflow to work, are now exporting my mesh to Max and am using the floor generator plugin there. Works ok for now, but are hoping for someone to make a plugin for Modo or upgrade the ones that exists to work with Modo 9/10.

But the second step is to get random textures to the floor boards, have been hoping to get this to work with Octane but have not been successful.. Just tried out Vray for Modo and got it to work, sort off. I am getting random images on the boards, but can't control anything else, like reflection, bump, displacement and so on. Anyone know how to get this to work? Google was not my friend on this..

System: i7-6900K, 64GB, M2-SSD, 1x 980 Ti, 2x 1080 Ti, Win 10 (former Mac user.. RIP Steve, you took the Mac with you.)

Old 02 February 2017   #2
I assume you already know about this Floor Maker kit: https://community.foundry.com/discuss/topic/69587

I haven't tried it myself, and I don't know if it works in Modo 10, but people in that thread are saying it works in Modo 9.

Old 02 February 2017   #3
Originally Posted by RDeWeese: I assume you already know about this Floor Maker kit: https://community.foundry.com/discuss/topic/69587

I haven't tried it myself, and I don't know if it works in Modo 10, but people in that thread are saying it works in Modo 9.

Nice, did not know that. I have just tried the live version. Will give this a try as soon as I can. Thanks!

System: i7-6900K, 64GB, M2-SSD, 1x 980 Ti, 2x 1080 Ti, Win 10 (former Mac user.. RIP Steve, you took the Mac with you.)

reply share thread