reply share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 03-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
Buzert
Frequenter
portfolio
Trick Ster
Vancouver, Canada

WIP Environment Artist Demo Reel

Hi, I'm about 3 weeks away from hitting render and I could use some feedback. If you goto my project page you will seem my wip demo. I've listed the stuff that is still wip and explained everything there. The password for the video is "megatron"

The end all be all goal is to get hired in a gaming company as a Senior Environment Artist.

Everyday I make major changes so I'll keep moving forward updating the project files and incorporating your feedback.

Thank you.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
Buzert
Frequenter
portfolio
Trick Ster
Vancouver, Canada

click on my profile name and you will be taken to my portfolio where you will find renders, info and the video link.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:26 AM   #3
Buzert
Frequenter
portfolio
Trick Ster
Vancouver, Canada

Bump

Bump

Bump

Old 03-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #4
PastaJackal
Veteran
portfolio
Pasta
Canberra, Australia

Hi Buzert

I'm certainly no expert in environments or animation (yet) but think I can offer some critique on your work thus far.

Where your car slides in at the beginning, it seems to have little weight and momentum to it. Can appear quite fake and abrupt after your nice flowing intro through the old town. This tends to pull me out of what I'm seeing. As you're also featuring quite a few car based works, this could afford a little more work. Just reference a movie with a car chase somewhere. This will also help to demonstrate your rigging abilities.

I like your still renders and hope you can animate it with all that vegetation. I assume you're using Vray? Make sure to try out some anti flicker tutorials like this one http://help.chaosgroup.com/vray/hel...rials_anim2.htm
Although admittedly, it's been driving me a little nuts as I've not been able to achieve flawless flicker free animation these past few days. It does work for when only the camera moves and nothing else. I find as soon as there is an object moving around, that object gets quite freaky. (also good note: as camera path is taken into consideration, clamp your timeframe to the frames that are being rendered. If there is anything outside of your work area, the camera path is still considered for those frames. Something I learnt the hard way.)

Only other thing would be to throw in some nicer sky to tie it all together.

Hope this is of some help and good luck!

Old 03-28-2014, 05:34 AM   #5
Buzert
Frequenter
portfolio
Trick Ster
Vancouver, Canada

Finally some feedback. Thank you very much. Ya that car animation still needs work indeed. I need to find reference.

What was it about the sky that you didn't like? Is it too low res?

Old 03-28-2014, 05:40 AM   #6
PastaJackal
Veteran
portfolio
Pasta
Canberra, Australia

No worries. Yeah, the sky was kinda low res and uninteresting. An easy 3 second fix so I mentioned it

Might suggest some tall billowing clouds but nothing too fancy as your scene looks lit from noon and clear skies.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:54 PM   #7
Buzert
Frequenter
portfolio
Trick Ster
Vancouver, Canada

I'm now 90% complete with 2 shots left to render.

Guys, I need your help now more than ever. I must re render the entire path through the german village which will take 2 weeks. Please give me feed back.

This link will bring you there
https://vimeo.com/87924482
pass: megatron

When travelling through the German village, at the end the car is missing. Please goto my portfolio on this site by clicking my name to see the car in it's environment.

reply share thread