Grand Space Opera Entry, Jesse Speak (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2005
Grand Space Opera Entry, Jesse Speak (2D)

Title: Grand Space Opera Entry
Name: Jesse Speak
Software:

This image was entered for the Grand Space Opera Challenge. You can see the full entry here.

Steampunk - my entry

02 February 2005
Thumbs up Great Prespective and Color Pal

Salamo Alykom

This is a great art .. you are very talented .. i love the colors and burining horizon

also the action are awesome ....

Hope to see more of your work soon

if i'm a recruiter .. i'll recruit you imm.

Salam

02 February 2005
Thumbs up

Congrats ... good luck!
M&S 3D (3rd Ru.. Up) Hi-Res l Detail l WIP
Journey 2D unfinished

05 May 2005
Thumbs up Is it possible to do the same thing with a mouse

First I have to say that your drawing is astonishing and especially the use of light and the set off the different shots. SPLENDIDE !!!
Like I said inthe Title I'm wondering if it's possible to do the same thing with a mouse cause I haven't a graphic tablet and I would like to hope that it's possible to do the same work with a mouse.

Thank you for inspiring me.

See you later

05 May 2005
Rolos, I'd say using a mouse for digital art is a bit like using a wellington boot as a golf club. You *could* get around all 18 holes but it would take forever and wouldn't be a lot of fun. I'd say save up for a Wacom. You don't need one of the big expensive Intuos3s (I just got mine - A5, it is excellent mind ) you could start with the small graphire. Don't go with any other manufacturer is my advice, Wacom is the only real choice in this field, really.

I did this pic using a 1998 Penpartner A6 - ancient, limited resolution and quite jittery - I'm sure the A6 graphire3 will be better. I used free 3D software (wings & Blender) to block out the main elements in the pic, then printed out a very light copy of the scene. I then used a fine pen to work over it and add lots of details. Scanned that in. Using a low resolution (25%) version of the pic, I used a layer to work out a colour scheme with the tablet, then copied that layer and pasted it into the high res scan and increased its size by four times so it matched. Then I could get down to detailing it out.

An A6 tablet won't really let you work completely on the computer, but it's a great complement to pencil / paper sketches since it lets you colour very intuitively. After using a tablet you'll never believe you considered using a mouse. It's that simple, really.

I'm pleased that it inspired you! Get a tablet and it'll let you improve way more than the mouse. In the meantime, sketch, sketch, sketch away from the computer.

Steampunk - my entry

05 May 2006
hi res

hi mate first things first i love all your work its truly outstanding. secondly can you please upload a hi res of your work i want to print them of and it would really come out better if it was in a higher resolution. GREAT WORK MATE. LOVE IT

09 September 2006
This is a really beautiful image. I particularly like the use of light. Very well done!

09 September 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread