Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Alexandra Ciolac

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2007
Hello Sasha,
well done friend and the back light works better now. I like it a lot.
Good Luck to you.

10 October 2007
Smile

HI Alexandra!!Yesssaaiii, we got 2 more weeks..!!!
haaha.Well actually I don't think It's quit a problem in the composition and actually your pic really rocks!!!Love it!
A thought might be that maybe it could be nice to open your canvas a tiny little bit up to give it some more breathing space in between the different elements.
The chicken on the right in the foreground, right now his head touches the chicken in the background(the brown one) near the window).MAybe if you leave some space between them it will breath a bit more..Just a suggestion ofcourse!
To push the strange factor even more it could be cool to see a chicken with a special egg in his hands(maybe cleaning it), and looking at the normal egg just being really surprised(almost disgusted maybe).another thought like that..:-)
your pic is one of my fav's!!!Love chicken!haha
Are you gonna use these 2 weeks to work on it some more?

10 October 2007
Hey Sasha, woooow I love your concept !! you make an awesome work, really cool!! ( and the feathers are great ) Because we have two weeks more I´m sure you cant resist the temptation to still working on your image I´m thinking on Remko suggestions and is a good idea to make more wide your frame, the foreground fabergé egg cut a bit the composition and the background hen. My first idea is to eliminate that egg, but I know that is a difficult decision ( we never want take out objects that take many hours of work... its something that always happens to me.. ) The other option is open the scene, and put the fabergé egg more to left. Other suggestion is make wide the frame, make small the fabergé FG egg , and the brown hen pointing that egg and looking to the normal egg.

Again, great and really cool concept Sasha!

10 October 2007
Hi Sasha!

Very well done.
So much details but you were successful in keeping atention on "strange behaviour".

Is it final?
In any case I congrats you with great final, and wish you best of luck on voting.

10 October 2007
Hi there,

Now that we got some more time, I am thinking to do some more work on it. I am not going to do too drastic changes to composition - it takes too much trouble to render the high res and recomposit and repaint the whole image, but all the things that can be fixed in Photoshop or with separate layer rendering I will do.

So I invite all of you to be critical and picky ! All suggestions are very much welcome - even if I will not have time to do all, it's good to know how to improve things for the future.

Remko,
Thank you so much for finding time for your suggestions! I am most definitely going to move that foreground chicken on the right! But opening the canvas and adding another chicken would be too much work, I don't think I can finish it on time.
Thanks again! In the future I will try paying more attention to my compositions!

Fernando,
Yep, I can't resist going on tweaking it ! I think I will use your idea of making the foreground egg smaller and move it even more out of the frame, thanks! I don't want to eliminate it all together - well, I like heaving close up elements... But I guess I will post some variants and see what people will say. Thanks for help!

Dima,
Thank you, my friend! Well, when I know we got some more time, I can't resist trying to improve it! For good or may be bad, we will see! I will really appreciate your critical meaning!

Uldison,
Thank you! I did render a separate pass with only volume light to achentuate it! And a differently lighted chicken on separate layer to blend with main render.

Axel,
Thanks, my friend! I am glad you like it! And I am very happy that you have been here so many times to help me!

Doug,
Thanks a lot! See you in next challenge, my friend!

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

11 November 2007
Thumbs up

hey there my dear friend! a big congratulations to you! me eagerly waiting for the final changes! love the feathers a lot! ( that really is hard work! .. paid off! )
i was wondering .. how about adding some rays behind the chicken ( the one looking down at the egg ) but add it in such a way that the egg comes in focus too ..
wishing you the very best of luck! god bless ya as always!

11 November 2007
The point of your concept that “strangeness depends from the context’ is well taken. Considering the international nature of this contest and the world, strangeness is relative. Great execution, love your extreme detail especially the Faberge eggs.

11 November 2007
Final Image: The Egg

Another version of final, with changes all you guys have suggested.
I think this is final final :)
What do you think?

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

11 November 2007
Really funny piece, Sasha !
And very well executed !

So now we finally know the real answer to the eternal question "The chicken or the egg?"... It was the Fabergé egg that came first, of course !
Hmmm... I wonder what a Fabergé chicken would look like !

I wish you good luck for the voting !

11 November 2007
good job musi! Im not sure if you consider this one the definitive final image, but for me it works perfectly, I think that the composition works well, driving you to the egg, the chickens and then the rest of the faberge eggs, and I also like a lot that atmospheric light, and of course all those small details...
congratulations, and good luck!!

11 November 2007
Hey Sasha, i love your concept!! I think your more wide last version work really well!! The whole atmosphere with the backlight puts a beautiful note on the elegant henhouse. The fabergé designs are superb !! and all details on your concept are simply awesome. You managed very well the feeling of surprise among hens, really cool!
The feathers do not stopped you , I like your determination, it is something I really admire
Really thanks for the great journey, I enjoyed every step in the development of your idea!

Congratulations Sasha for this awesome art work!! Best of luck my friend!! .... and, why not?? time for cold beers!! and a big tequila bottle!! Cheers Sasha!!

11 November 2007
Great Final!

Hi Sasha, the change does make a better yet piece of beauty and art work! Congratulations your chickens are more glam that they are used to be! The idea it’s brilliant and so your work and detail in it Bravo!

Thanks so much for the support that you had given so many times, I own you lots of good learned experiences, I wish you always the best and I am very much grateful for meeting you in this great world of talented artist like you!

11 November 2007
You did a great job on shaders and render at the end !
Great Picture Alex !

11 November 2007
Hi Musi!!!Hey great great ronfl pic man!Loev the chickens expression!You did a great job and hope well meet up again next time!All the best to you friend!Cheers

11 November 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread